Chapter One: Mournful Regret

"If you want the boy alive, you must stick to our deal y'know."

The guilt I felt was puissant. Yet, I had no other choice, so why bother?

"I understand," I said, feeling ashamed.

I looked down at my hands and dark bagged clothes. Blood dripped and stained.

"Vile, you know that I know that you can never get enough."

I felt slight anger for him calling me "Vile" instead of my actual name. I doubt that he even remembers my real name.

I looked down at my clothes again and tried to wipe the gore off. He figured out what I was doing and offered me a washcloth.

As he smoked a cigarette and watched me, I kept thinking about the good and the bad I put myself into.

He looked at the gloomy look at my face and read my mind. He knew I disliked  duties, but he felt no sympathy and said, "Make sure to not leave any stains, y'know I don't want you getting caught. Oh, that reminds me."

He took out a photo from his jean pocket and threw it to me.

"Give you 24 hours," he said, flickering his lighter for his cigarette.

I stared at the photo and realized something.

"I can't," I said rapidly.

He immediately stopped flickering his lighter.

"What?"

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't," he asked, raising his voice.

"My sister has something important planned for tomorrow with me and her boyfriend, so I can't."

He stared at me and sighed. He laid back on his couch and finally lit up his cigarette.

"36 hours, but that's that, plus I'll lower your payment."

I nodded. I really didn't care about the amount of time I had or how much the payment was, I just needed him to stay alive.

He dismissed me and I sneaked out of the bunker. I climbed out the window and looked both ways for any witnesses. None. I ran and blended in with the darkness of night as I ran back to the castle.

My name is Samara, but my boss calls me "The Vile."