Chapter 1: Violet

This is my first fan fiction so if there are any mistakes or any ideas you guys have please let me know 🩷

Violet was a thirteen-year-old witch, just like everyone else. However, she did not attend Hogwarts; instead, she stayed at home with her father and her nine-year-old brother, Jack. She longed to go to Hogwarts like the other witches and wizards, but her father needed her assistance with the struggling family bakery. While they were not poor, her father's business was facing difficulties at the time.

  In the bakery, Violet would work at the front, distributing the fresh loaves of bread her father had prepared earlier in the day. She found joy in her simple life but yearned for the day when she could attend Hogwarts and experience a sense of normalcy. Unfortunately, Violet often faced teasing from the other children in Hogsmeade, leaving her brother as her only friend.

  Despite assumptions that Violet was unintelligent due to never attending a proper school, that was far from the truth. At the age of eleven, her father had taught her the art of becoming an Animagus. It was a skill passed down through generations on her father's side, and Violet was no exception. When she drank the transformation potion, she focused on her father's form—a fennec fox, just like their surname. While you couldn't choose your Animagus form, her father had advised that intense concentration could increase the chances of it aligning.

  As she consumed the potion, Violet concentrated with such intensity that she felt as if her brain were on the verge of bursting. She shut her eyes, fighting through the pain. When she finally opened them, she saw the transformation had indeed worked, resembling her father in his fox form. Her fur was as soft as a Pygmy Puff, pure white like freshly fallen snow, with only the tip of her tail displaying a delicate light pink hue.

  Violet felt an intimate connection to her Animagus form, to the point where she even dyed the ends of her thick, mousy blond hair pink to match her tail.

  One evening while Violet was clearing up the bakery after a long day. Her father came out of the kitchen. Violet's heart skipped a beat as her father approached her with a beaming smile. "Violet," he said, his eyes sparkling with excitement, "I have some incredible news for you. I have been speaking to the headmaster of Hogwarts and found out, starting this year, students are allowed to visit Hogsmeade on weekends, and he tells me there are a few spaces open if you'd wish to attend!" Violet's eyes widened with disbelief and joy, her dreams of experiencing Hogwarts finally coming true. "This means you will be able to help me work in the bakery on weekends and your brother will be old enough to help me during the weekdays!"

  Overwhelmed with happiness, Violet hugged her father tightly, unable to contain her excitement. The prospect of going to Hogwarts and also having the ability to help her father in the bakery during weekends and holidays filled, her with anticipation.

  With new determination, Violet set her sights on preparing for her upcoming third year. She immersed herself in studying magic, eager to make the most of her time at Hogwarts and deepen her understanding of the wizarding world. Each day, she eagerly helped her father at the bakery, and secretly practised under the counter.

  As the days passed, Violet's excitement grew, knowing that soon she would be walking the halls of Hogwarts, surrounded by fellow witches and wizards. She couldn't wait to embrace the magical community, make new friends, and continue to support her father's bakery in the heart of Hogsmeade, even while attending school.

  Violet didn't require any new supplies as she had already possessed them for years. Just because she stayed at home didn't mean she neglected her studies. The only thing Violet needed were school robes, which she hadn't needed to worry about until now, considering she hadn't attended school. However, things were about to change, and she required the appropriate attire. Her father assured her that they would visit the uniform shop in the morning to purchase her new clothes.