chapter five

"so please, tell me it's alright. in this uneasy mist. tell me it's just a moment. so please, if this is my way, hold my hand tight so we won't wander for much longer" - MIST

~⧖~

"hey.."

"sir..."

"we need to talk to you."

seonghwa is nudged awake by what appears to be a pair of police officers. he slowly sits up to take in his surroundings. all the other members were scattered around the room sleeping on whatever surface they found suitable the night before.

"we have some questions for you if you feel you can answer them,"

"umm yeah, sure i guess?"

"ok so first, what is your relationship with kim hongjoong?" the one officer asks while the other pulls out a notepad.

"he's my friend and coworker.." seonghwa hesitates, still half asleep.

the officer with the notepad glances at seonghwa's hand before going back to writing. confused by this seonghwa goes to look at his hand only then realizing that he must have grabbed hongjoong's hand while he was sleeping. he releases his grasp and faces the officers again.

"do you know where he was two nights ago?"

"he was in his studio the last we heard from him, he's always there unless he leaves for coffee and more inspiration."

"do you know of any bad relationships he's had with anyone in the past; angry girlfriend? coworker? school acquaintance? anything?"

hwa shakes his head, "no.. he's one of the nicest people you'd ever meet i don't know of anyone that would have it out for him."

"are you sure? this attack seemed very motivated, maybe an old family member or-"

"look, i don't know why you're asking me this. i don't even know what happened to him. can you answer some of my questions first please," seonghwa cut off the officer and pleaded.

"listen, we can't give you much information since you're not family an-"

"then why are you asking me questions about his life?" hwa stands up, "what exactly happened to him, hmm? is there still someone on the loose looking to complete their job or what becau-"

"hey, hey, calm down," yunho interjects. seonghwa's rising tone woke him from his couch spot behind the oldest. "what's all of this about?"

"we're here to ask some questions about the victim since he's still unconscious but it appears no family is here at the moment so we'll just come back later."

seonghwa was not having this at all.

"wait, so you're really not going to tell us anything after you basically just confirmed that someone is actively looking for hongjoong?!"

"sir, we really ca-"

"is everything alright in here?" mr. kim says, making his way from the doorway to the two idols.

"are you family of kim hongjoong?" the officer says pointedly

"yes, i'm his father, is there anything i can help you with?"

"we're here to ask you some questions about your son. did he have any poor relationships with anyone in the past?"

"well i'm sure if you asked seonghwa, which it looks like you did, then you would know that he has not. also, can you now disclose anything you know about what happened to my son in that warehouse?"