; 𝖱𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗒'𝗌 𝖭𝗈𝗍 𝖧𝗈𝗆𝖾 - 𝖱𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗒 𝖩𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗑 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋

Rain pelted against me, and my breaths came out in short, struggling gasps. Blood roaring in my ears, the wet pavement was doing no help to me as the streetlights led me through the dark. I slipped and fell onto my back; the pavement was cold. I was shaking, why was I shaking? The blisters on my heels made me feel like I was bleeding. Was I? I didn't know.

I stood back up, not giving up on my goal. I didn't care if it was perfectly sunny or a category-five hurricane. I was going to make it to Bunny's. More specifically, the dumpster behind the aforementioned rusty old burger joint. I rounded the corner, Downtown Dialtown was surprisingly big. By the time I arrived, Bunny was already closing up shop.

"We're not serving customers, Flip" Bunny said, obviously exhausted from the work day. 'Flip' was the nickname Bunny had come up with for me, I was a regular here but he could never seem to remember my name. So he remembered me by my head, a flip phone.

"I'm not here for you, Bunny... is Randy home?" I was sobbing by this point. I was too full of emotion to hold it in.

Bunny sighed, "Just go 'round the back, Flip" I did as I was instructed. When I arrived in the back alleyway, I was met with the dumpster. I hadn't thought what I would say when I got there.

"RANDY?" I yelled, my voice was dry and hoarse.

Shuffling was heard from inside the dumpster... "Uh... Randy's not home? ...Who is it?"

"Randy, it's me..."

"Oh! Come on i-" Randy opened the lid to the dumpster, "Oh.... Phone Jesus Christ, you're a mess! Come in, it's freezing out here"

When we got inside, Randy went to the small fire that was constantly burning, and warmed up a cup of rain water to make tea. "There's no subway open right now.... did you run all the way here from Uptown?"

I shook my head yes. it was a stupid decision, I knew that. But I couldn't wait. "Randy, I have to tell you something."

"Okay, just- warm up. You're staying here tonight. I know it smells like garbage, it's a dumpster, but you are not going all the way back to Uptown in this rain."

"I don't think that's the best idea, Randy..." this was not going to end well.

Rand started to speak, "Well, why not? It seems perfectly reasonable to me-"

I interrupted him, overflowing with emotion, "I'm in love with you, Randy."

There was silence for a moment. Randy was confused, "Did I hear that correctly?"

"Yes, fuckface. I'm in love with you, I think I always have been. You're stupid, and pathetic, and smell like wet cigarettes- which I think might be part if the appeal so I have to unpack that. But I-"

Whatever I had been about to say died in my throat as Randy pressed our screens together. I stiffened for a moment, not expecting the feeling of slightly-cracked glass or the insistence with which he kissed me, but soon enough I melted into the content. The kiss only lasted for a moment before Randy pulled away sharply. I opened my eyes to see an expression of pure panic across his features. He started to speak, "I'm so sorry! I-"

I kissed him, passionately. It felt as if I couldn't breathe, he was the beating heart within my soul. If we died right there and then I would have been content with my life. We broke for air only for a moment before making passionate love into the night.

🎉 You've finished reading ; 𝖱𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗒'𝗌 𝖭𝗈𝗍 𝖧𝗈𝗆𝖾 - 𝖱𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗒 𝖩𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗑 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 🎉