nine

Chapter Nine: Photographer

"Here's the list of what to do and a list of what to not do." A small stack of papers that were stapled neatly together and held tightly against a clipboard was handed over to you. You flipped through the pages as Jean gave you instructions about Aether's photoshoot. You only caught a few words of what she was saying, your mind drifted off somewhere.

"Oh, and make sure you're by his side at all times. He tends to wander off looking for something to snack for, so if he asks to go to a vending machine or convenience store, go with him." Jean reminded.

"I got that much down." You replied, smacking the stapled papers.

Jean let out a relieved sigh. "I've got this much trust in you. Don't mess it up for the both of us." Jean turned her back to you and began walking back into the building. Her arm waved up indicating that you should get going.

You turned around and saw a familiar blond idol peeking his head out the window, his eyes wide and wondrous.

"Is Ms. Jean leaving already?" Aether asked.

You pushed his head back into the car with the clipboard, curling your index finger twice to let him know to roll up his window before the car started up. "Yeah."

The car ride was silent. The driver never made any noises or asked any questions, nor did Aether. You dropped off the clipboard somewhere on the floor of the car (probably stepping on it) as you didn't really bother to look at the notes given by Jean. Instead, you were occupied on your phone by some mobile games and the random spam messages by a certain ginger who doesn't know when to shut up.

When you arrived at the designated photoshoot area, a crowd of professional photographers were already taking pictures of the black van you and Aether rode in. They were waiting on for a specific idol who's got the center of attention of all of Teyvat, known as a golden boy due to his handsome appearance and difference from others.

The designated photoshoot area was up on a hill, mountains surrounding the peaceful scenery. There were a few buildings that looked like they were built during an old villiage here and there and a crowd of people. Trees swayed against the light wind, birds chirping in their nests.

You exited the car first and opened up the second door for Aether to get out. You stepped to the side, the clipboard that you swiftly grabbed from the floor was tucked under one arm as your other arm reached out onto the top of the car and palm pressed against the cushioned ceiling. As Aether got out, you could feel his soft hair brush your hand, a small whisper of thanks from the young male as he exited.

Right away, the sound of camera's clicking and phone's snapping for a picture erupted like fireworks being shot up into the sky all together. As Aether smiled and bowed for pictures, you followed slowly behind as some security began to wrap around the blond idol and begin to push away the crowd.

It just so happened that Aether's photoshoot for the day was outside, meaning that the public had their eyes on him. Usually, their photo shoots were held indoors with man-made scenery to make a fool of people's eyes. However, the photographers wanted to get a more natural scene, so the photoshoot was scheduled at some country club full of rich snobs.

The crowd soon dispersed and all that was left was the idol model, you, and some staff who were working with Aether. The photographer was the same 30-year old man as in the other hosted photo shoots, so Aether was comfortable with him. However, some of the staff looked new to you. While new staff was not really a big problem to you, it's as a BIG problem right now as the new staff was a bunch of young girls who were fawning over Aether.