- 001. last dance

𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔
— 001. last dance

WHISPERS were heard through out the room, as each and everyone of us scurried to find a place to sit down

WHISPERS were heard through out the room, as each and everyone of us scurried to find a place to sit down. Paige, our mentor, had a list in her hand, she quickly scans it and clears her throat. This causes us to quiet down and immediately pay attention. I won't lie, Paige was scary, and being twenty seemed like I was just a teen- sitting here scared. I loved professional figure skating, it was my job. It was my dream. And I made it come true.

"Alright quiet down girls!" Paige raises her voice. "Season is coming to an end! And I'm proud of all the hard work you've all done this season. And I want you guys to enjoy your off season! But don't, go goofing around and getting injuries".

Oh, I hated off season. There wasn't much to do other than visit my brother in North Carolina, he was busy filming either way. When I wasn't doing my figure skating I waited for ballet, my second favorite thing to do. But Paige saying not to goof around and get injuries was new. She didn't care what we did during off season.

"I say this because" she pauses, looks at everyone of us and smiles, "Hockey season is coming up. We have two weeks to practice our final dance".

I turn my head to Lacey, one of my best friends. The whispers in the room got louder as she mentioned hockey.

"Once hockey season rolls around, I have signed you all up to do one performance during a pre game show".

Small gasps were heard from the girls behind me. I just turned to Lacey as she rolls her eyes. She probably was already thinking how a pre show performance would be wasting her time. But yet again, she grew up with hockey surrounding her, as said— her brother Connor, was soon to be signed on an NHL team.

"Paige" Lacey raises her hand. "What team are we opening for?".

"The New Jersey Devils!" She smirks. There it went again. Another gasp was heard from the girls behind me. I knew about this team and their star players. They were everywhere in the media and if someone asked me if I knew any hockey players, they would be the first team I'd say.

"Oh thank goodness" she sighs in relief. "I would've hated opening for my brother".

Paige just laughs at her response. "We're doing this because the manager wants us to entertain the audience before they go on, it might silly, but i promise it'll be amazing".

If I had one more dance for this season I didn't expect it to be opening for hockey boys. Let alone before their very first game!

"Lace" I call out, as we grab our belongings and head out. "I assumed we'd open for your brother to be honest".

"I'm glad we aren't" she laughs, "because then he'd make fun of me and I don't want that".