Chapter 8

(A/N): Having a brain fart right now XD. Try to enjoy this chapter hehe.

(y/n): Your Name

The sound of vehicles running their engines and the skin crawling hiss of serpentine fill the cold, desert air. The loud bang was a few snakes setting off a bomb to warn us of their presence. That was dumb. They could've used a surprise attack, but, snakes are snakes; they have no intelligence.

Uncle and Nya haven't come back from their daily trip yet. I'm getting worried, we might need them to help fight.

But how can we fight as a team? We? Did I forget that I'm not even on this team? Did I forget that I've only been a burden? That I've only driven this team apart?

Did I ever help them in any way?

No.

Did I make everyone happy with my presence?

No.

Will I be any help to them now?

No.

Of course. I'm the daughter of Lord Garmadon. There always is tragic occurrences wherever I stay. I will never have a normal life.

I blink my eyes. What? Where did Kai, Cole, and Zane go? All I can see is an empty gaming room with no traces of life. They must've left without me. As expected. I guess no one does really care about me. The sounds of fighting rage on outside. I absentmindedly leave the gaming room, walk through the hallway, not noticing any details of anything. My mind is blank; no fear or thought.

I appear to be walking towards Jay's room.

As I approach Jay's room, the fighting seems to be getting louder. So, I'll just need to get Jay and hurry out.

Out to where? Nevermind where.

I just need to get him to safety. I open his door in a rush, a faint smell of smoke is present. The lights are off again. But, the room is dimly lit by the orange light of fire seeping through the window. I get my mind back to me. Emotions run through my veins again.

"J-Jay! We have to get out!" I sprint over to his bed, shaking the blue blanket, trying to find a lump that could be Jay. I gasp. No lumps; no Jay.

"JAY!!" I scream, my body shaking in fear that he could've disappeared. W-where could he be? The smell of dry, putrid smoke gets stronger and fills my nostrils.

I cough, "Ack... Ahurgg..."

I scream, feeling something slam into me. What is it?! I hear hard, strained breathing.

Could that be Jay?

"Jay! Jay!" I kneel down and grip him by the shoulders.

"(y/n).....wh....at.. a..re...yo..u--?" Jay tries to talk.

"Jay, we're getting out." My voice is shaking, "I- I..."

I grab Jay's blue blanket, and place it on him to protect him from the smoke. Then, I pick Jay up.

Wow, he's lighter than I thought he would be.

The orange flames are burning through the thick wooden walls. A wave of urgency hits me. The flames will soon engulf the whole ship. I can't let Jay or myself get hurt. I run out of Jay's room, turn the corner, go through the kitchen, and out onto the main deck. I hear a loud crack that overpowers the cackling of the fire; the mast was burned and it's falling down in my direction. As it lands, I jump quickly to the side, nearly getting hit. But, after the mast falls, a wave of extremely hot air and smoke hit me. Smoke fills my lungs, causing breathing to be incredibly difficult. I jump off of the Bounty onto the now slightly warmer desert sand because of the fire warming it up. The once calm, beautiful black night sky is now illuminated orange; from the flames.

It certainly is atrocious.... seeing everything the way it is. The Bounty was ablaze. It did indeed go up in flames as fast as a tinderbox.

I walk about thirty yards away from the flaming ship and put Jay on the ground. Jay groans, I remove the blue blanket away from his face.

"Jay, are you alright?" I ask him worriedly, my voice raspy from the smoke.

He looks up at me with his blue eyes, and coughs a few times, "I'm fine... cragh! Auck! B-but are you... alright...?"

I nod, lying. I can't allow Jay to suffer even more knowing I'm hurt. Breathing becomes strenuous, I feel light-headed, and start to sway back and forth, as if the ground is trying to decide if it wants me or not.

Thud. My unconscious body hits the sand. The sound reaches Jay's ears. His eyes widen and he sits upright in a flash.

"(Y-y/n)...?" Jay looks at my body.

~Jay's POV~

What...? Is (y/n) dead?!

No... she isn't dead. I look at the peaceful body, the slow rise and fall of her chest hypnotizes me, causing me to start feeling more weary than I already am.

Why? Why am I such an idiot and a jerk?! I've never done anything nice to her yet she risks her life for me?

"Grahh!" I shake my head in fury, "I can't be thinking like that right now! I have to save (y/n)!"

Everything is silent, except for the cackling of the flames.

Huh? Where is everyone? There was just a giant all-out battle going on! Or... am I just blocking out all other sounds?...

I struggle to my feet, lean over and pick up (y/n).

"Woah!" I almost drop her.

Heavier than she looks!

I walk around to where the battle was, keeping a safe distance from any stray flames. I almost drop (y/n), again, and gasp.

Its all my fault! Why?... WHY?!

Sensei Wu's voice rang out in my mind, "You are like the gears of a clock. You all work together to make the best team, but if one part of the clock is missing, or damaged, the whole clock won't work. If one of you isn't there to fight, what'll happen? You won't win."