000 - epilogue

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"You look just like your aunt" is a statement Clara Riley hears from her grandparents during every visit

"You look just like your aunt" is a statement Clara Riley hears from her grandparents during every visit. I mean it certainly isn't a bad thing to be called. In all the pictures Tatum looked beautiful and, not to flatter herself, but she could see the resemblance. She wished she could have met her. Her dad and Sidney speak so highly of her, telling stories of their high school pranks and adventures. Clara almost feels an obligation to carry on her legacy. The next blonde Riley.

Clara got up from the clothed dinner table, excusing herself to the bathroom. As she made her way around her grandparents home, she studied the walls that were laced with family pictures. One in particular caught her eye. Stopping in her tracks, Clara got a closer look at the frame. It was her dad, Dewey, holding her out the front of Woodsboro hospital on the day of the attack. It was the fourth attack that he endured and the one that almost took her mom's life. Dewey described this attack as the scariest because the killer was so close to getting away with it. Clara was thankful that Gale rightfully dropped her off at Dewey's parents house before things got out of hand. That didn't stop Ghostface from threatening her life multiple times.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a text notification. Clara reached in her back jean pocket with rising anxiety. The impending fear of a Ghostface reappearance haunted her. Any text, any call peaked her heart rate. The truth was Clara doesn't think that he's gone. She feels sure that her near miss in 2011 was simply a precursor to her offical attack. With the next generation of Woodboro high schoolers reaching that anniversial age, Clara had a gut feeling that she would be next. Maybe her blonde Riley legacy will catch up to her.

She wouldn't dare tell anyone though. Tension is already high with the 25th anniversary of the original attacks upcoming, which her dad consistently reminds her of.

Another ping brought Clara's focus back to her phone. It was her best friend Tara texting her, trying to find out when she's coming over.

The pit in her stomach dissipated as Clara smiled and texted a quick "on my way!!!".

Clara took one last look at the photo of her dad covered in bruises and scars hung on the wall before rushing back to say bye to grandma and grandpa. She kissed each of them on the cheek, thanked them for dinner and ran out the door , fumbling with her car keys.

As she sat in her Volkswagen Beetle, she reached for her phone one last time. Tara asked her what horror movie she wanted to watch tonight.

"What's your favourite scary movie ... hahahahah" Clara sent as she turned the ignition and drove away.

As she pulled out of the driveway, Clara saw a reply pop up.

"Fucking landline won't stop ringing."

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.