The Creation of Adam and Hawwa

Allah tells us about the story in different Chapters in the Quran. To begin with, Allah says to the angels,

"I am going to create a human being from clay. So when I have fashioned him and had a spirit of My Own ˹creation˺ breathed into him, fall down in prostration to him." (17)

So the angels prostrated before Adam – all of them entirely, except for Iblees (he was one of the jinn) he refused to be with those who prostrated and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

Allah said, "O Iblees, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with My hands? Were you arrogant, or were you already among the haughty?"

Iblees said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."

Allah said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased".

Iblees said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."

Allah said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved."

Iblees said, "By Your Might, I will surely mislead them all, except among them, Your chosen servants, and I will surely sit in wait against human beings on Your straight path. Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful to You."

Allah said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. My servants – no authority will you have over them and I will surely fill Hell with you and those of them that follow you all together."

Moreover, Allah offered the Trust and man bear it:

"Indeed, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they ˹all˺ declined to bear it, being fearful of it. But humanity assumed it, ˹for˺ they are truly wrongful ˹to themselves˺ and ignorant ˹of the consequences˺." (18)

Adding to that,

He [Allah] taught Adam the names of all things, then He presented them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these, if what you say is true?"(19)

Allah describes Himself in Quran saying:

Inform My servants ˹O Prophet˺ that I am truly the All-Forgiving, Most Merciful, and that My torment is indeed the most painful." (20)

As for Hawwa, Allah created her from the rib of Adam. Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

Take my advice with regard to women: Act kindly towards women, for they were created from a rib" (21)

Also, Allah says in Qur'an:

O humanity! Be mindful of your Lord Who created you from a single soul, and from it He created its mate, and through both He spread countless men and women..."