33. It will be okay.

"Damn, that's... weird" Dana said as she looked at Riley, who was laying comfortably in her arms. This was the morning after the party and they were both in Dana's room, trying to shake of the really bad hangover. Riley had just told her about everything that had happened with Lindsey the previous night and Dana was trying to wrap her head around it.

"Yeah, I don't know why she did that... maybe it's just the alcohol?" Riley said. Dana was stroking her hair with her left hand and had her other hand resting on Riley's stomach as Riley leaned onto Dana's shoulder. They both felt comfortable, although the headache was a killer.

"Could be... but maybe... never mind" Dana sighed. Riley raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?"

"Nothing" Dana shook her head, only making Riley even more interested.

"Come on... tell me" Riley pressed and Dana sighed once more in defeat.

"They both seem to have a thing for you, huh?" Dana chuckled, "I guess the whole bad girl thing is actually effective"

"What?" Riley jerked her head back.

"AJ and Lindsey. I mean they both kissed you, didn't they? And you're pretty charming, it's not surprising they like you" Dana said, a bit sadly.

"They don't like me" Riley answered, sounding repulsed by Dana's statement, "they were both drunk off their asses. It doesn't count. We're friends, ugh! I'm just worried about how Lin's gonna act around me now. I mean, last night was... weird"

"She's probably more worried about how she's gonna tell AJ" Dana shrugged.

"Yeah, you're right..."

Dana went quiet, awkwardly staring at the wall.

"What?" Riley asked.

"Nothing"

"Jesus, I can tell there's more" she sighed, "go ahead, ask me"

"Have you ever thought of Lindsey... that way?" She let out finally, making Riley raise her eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh... "

"Be honest. I won't mind" Dana reassured.

It took Riley a minute to answer, she wasn't sure herself.

"Well there was one time. When we first started hanging out. We went out at night for a walk cuz I had a bad day and wanted someone to talk to. I dunno we were just sitting in a park alone and laughing about whatever and... for a second, maybe, I don't know... she looked really pretty... "

"Well I mean she is gorgeous, so how come it took you that long to see it?" Dana laughed.

"No, I knew how pretty she was, but like... ugh, whatever" she groaned, making Dana smile.

"No, go on. Tell me"

Riley looked up at her, then rested her own hand on Dana's and started rubbing circles on her palm.

"I guess... I never looked at her that way, she was always more of a friend, but in that moment, I considered it... I mean she was looking at me with those big blue eyes and grinning with that wide stupid grin she has and I dunno... I realized just how beautiful she actually is. And how her smile can make you feel like everything's gonna be okay" Riley shrugged, Dana wasn't looking at her, she was looking at a wall instead, seemed to be deep in thought.

Riley noticed, and squeezed her hand tightly.

"Hey... sorry, that was... too much" she said, worriedly, Dana raised her eyebrows in surprise.