Chapter 2

NOTES FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING:

• "After years of bullying thorough his entire life." - the following paragraph is canon (as it's actually shown in the series or clearly implied, except for the part with family, but considering he doesn't talk about them at all, I've figured they don't have the best relationship).

• ""Isn't it clear? We're having a little family reunion." she bitterly leers, and as if to prove a point, harshly kicks the trash can next to her." - the reason Zoey kicks the trash can is because she thinks that the whole family is trash (hence, why she considers the trash can to be a part of the family).

• "He'll wait until then." - the idea is when Hailey and the club get ready for the competition, he crushes everyone's confidence and happiness by someone bringing up the news he killed himself the night earlier (the addition to this being suicide letters he'll write to everyone).

• "Dear God, what was he doing?" - this sentence was the exact moment Jake decided to make everyone's lives a living hell (it was also about the moment he finally confessed to himself he's not the best person).

• "Every other symbol and color had it's own interpretation." - it is true, the meanings are as it follows:
- The Music Club: color pink, symbol music note (both representing friendship),
- The Jomies: color yellow, symbol sunflower (both representing friendship, remembrance, and affection),
- Daisy: color turquoise, symbol daisy (both representing friendship, joy and loyalty),
- His mom and Milo: colors brown, green and blue, symbol heart (both representing family love and great affection towards relatives),
- Zoey: color yellow, symbol sunflower (both representing friendship, remembrance, and affection); color white (representing honesty, cleanliness and purity), symbol white rose (representing loyalty, purity, and innocence) - which is all an irony in itself reflecting onto Zoey's behavior. Meaning of the name Zoey is "life" or "alive" which is comically ironic (considering Jake got the idea to kill himself as revenge from her).

• "It could be a skin-walker too." - fun fact; I wrote this exact line just to traumatize some of you (I traumatized myself cause I was writing this scene in the middle of the night).

• "But, he understood everything." - just to clarify, both Drew and Hailey do definitely have a crush on Jake, but he doesn't return their feelings, although it's possible he starts after the end of the fanfic (you can decide who Jake got with after the end of the story comes).

• ""The champion is ROSEMEADOW HIGH SCHOOL'S MUSIC CLUB!"" - yeah, nothing better than the good old cliche (bear with me, I love my babies and I needed a reason for the plot).

• ""-confession of yours where you're explicitly talking about your crush o-"" - Zoey has a crush on someone, who would've thought? (I give you guys the privilege of deciding who that is).

• If you have any further questions or constructive criticism, feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure to respond as soon as I can.

Rumor has it Jake has this picture framed in his room. <3