18) Don't Fix Me

To say I was embarrassed when I had to show my face was an understatement. The blood on my fists made it quite obvious what I'd been doing. In a desperate attempt to hide it I shoved my hands in my pockets, but they were practically nonexistent. Instead, I flipped my hands so only my palms were showing. I'm sure it didn't look natural, but it was all I had.

"How was your girl time?"Minho asked.

"Delightful,"I shrugged.

"Good. Are you done hating everyone and ready to open your ears?"

"Sure,"I shrugged again.

"Well, that's promising,"He commented.

"We're going to Scorch City to find them. Specifically, we need to find some bloke called Marcus,"Newt explained, interrupting whatever Minho was going to say after that.

I had no idea who Marcus was or what was so special about the city, but I was to drained to ask.

"So, what now? Do we just have a grand old sleep in the open by this lunatic?"Minho asked, pointing a finger at Jorge. He was completely right. I mean he was just dangling us over a rotunda.

"Yeah, how do we know you won't send us back? What's stopping you from contacting them another way?"Frypan asked. Jorge had the nerve to look irritated at the questions. He was the one who pulled the lever.

"Because Brenda is my little girl. If she's in danger I'm going to rescue her,"He answered.

His reasoning sounded real along with the way he said it. As for him, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Scratch that. I don't trust him as far as their guard dogs could throw him. People can lie to you and hide their intentions in the snap of a finger. If you're not careful you could fall victim to manipulation tactics.

As the same time it was clear we needed him to find Thomas. We didn't know where this mystery city or guy was.

"Someone will babysit him the entire time. We'll take turns,"I spoke up with no room for objections.

"How do you plan on doing that when I'm asleep? Are you just going to watch me?"He asked, clearly thinking he had a gotcha moment. My narrowed eyes showed my answer.

"No. I am not going to be treated like a kid by a bunch of kids,"He argued.

"You should have thought about that before trying to sell us out then. I'll even keep first watch,"I responded, making sure everyone knew there was no choice.

"Wait. Shouldn't we make it a two person deal? What if someone falls asleep or starts slacking?"Frypan pointed out.

"This is ridiculous,"Jorge huffed.

"No. These are the consequences to your own actions. If you really care about Brenda you'll understand why we need to do this. We're her age, and the fact that you were still willing to let us die shows a lot about who you are. Now shut your trap,"I snapped.

This was clearly not the response he expected, but he was an idiot if he thought we'd be all peachy after his little stunt. This was his fault.

"Alright. Y/N will keep lookout first. Since Aris and her apparently have connected tattoos or whatever WICKED gave us he'll be her partner,"Minho stated. This was less than favourable, but I didn't have it in me to say anything.

Because deep down you miss those nights alone with him.

ᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗ

Everyone has fallen asleep a few hours ago so it was just Aris and I sitting in silence. The entire time I made sure my knuckles weren't visible from the little fire we had going. It was even more awkward than the silence from the night after we met for the second time. What a crazy thing to be true. Then again all of this was.