A Word on The Defenestration of Canon

Hello! Lovely to meet you. Thank you for reading my story! I could not be more excited for the journey we are to embark upon.

Well. If you're here for Thaluke, I would assume canon is not your top priority. I will be by-and-large sticking to canon, with some minor canon-mutilation on the side. However, here are some things I feel are important to discuss before I write this fic.

While I love and respect the work of Rick Riordan, I'm going to be throwing a few things out the window. There are quite a few things that are problematic about Luke that I'm choosing to ignore or soften—his cruelty, the way he manipulates those he loves, his (extremely weird and not-at-all-acceptable-to-me) feelings for Annabeth, according to the Demigod Diaries, and just a lot of things about him. But, controversial and naive as this will make me sound, I love Luke and I see good in him. I'm choosing to focus on that for this fic.

Equally important is the age gap between Luke and Thalia. I didn't realize it would be so large with the whole tree thing. Since Thalia's chronological age when released from the tree prison is 19, I'm going ahead and aging her up to 19 when rebirthed from the tree as well, and say that since she skipped several birthdays she never technically turned sixteen and thus the prophecy does not apply. With the Hunters of Artemis years involved and a little bit of aging down for Luke (I'm gonna make him 19 circa Sea of Monsters as well), we've got a normal and legal couple, my friends! Thalia is about 19 to Luke's 21.

I hope I do Rick Riordan's universe justice. I've been rereading chunks of the series to make this a a good companion piece to his works. I want it to fit right and make sense with the laws established in the world of the book. Feel free to gently correct me when I'm wrong, and I will either pivot or decide to purposefully deviate from the series :)

This is not a spicy fic. Those of you interested in smut will not find it here. I wish you well in your further travels :) No cursing, no sexual content beyond kissing, and no graphic violence. I want everyone to feel comfortable reading my fics, and I know I find those things uncomfortable to both read and write.

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a super consistent writer. I'm a student and I have a crazy life, so please be patient with me if updates are inconsistent. I am committing myself to this fic. I love Thaluke and I love writing. This is going to be awesome.

AAA I CAN'T WAIT TIL CHAPTER ONE IS OUT. SEE YOU ON THE FLIPSIDE YOUR EXCELLENCIES.