1

Kaitlyn's Point Of View

I woke up this morning and like always it's rowdy in the Curtis house. I force myself to get out of bed and make my way to the living room.

Sodapop and Darry are getting ready for work. Steve and Two-bit are eating cake. Ponyboy and Johnny are sitting on the couch reading a book. Dally is sitting in the arm chair smoking a cigarette.

I walk into the room and all eyes turn to me. "What?" I question. "You ain't got no pants on." Steve tells me with a mouthful of cake.

I'm wearing one of Darry's old shirts and a pair of shorts. Darry's shirts are massive on me. I lift up my shirt to reveal that I have pants on.

"Pants or no pants you look hot just rolling out of bed." Dallas says sending me a wink. "That's my sister!" Soda yells at Dallas as he gets out of the shower.

"God, Soda close the door!" I yell at Sodapop as I shield my eyes. It's nothing that I haven't seen before, but it is traumatic when it's your brother and not a dude you're hooking up with.

Darry walks by the bathroom and closes the bathroom door. I make my way over to Steve and Two-bit and help myself to some cake.

"Hey whatcha think you doing missy?" Two-Bit questions. "Helping myself to some cake. What's it to ya?" Steve smashes some cake into my face.

I wipe it off and give him an angry look. "You better run little man." Darry said laughing a little.

Steve takes off running through the house and I chase him. "I'm gonna kill you!" I yell at Steve. The gang is laughing at us.

I tackle Steve to the ground as he begs for mercy. I punch him one good time and then someone picks me up off of him. "Put me down!" I yell.

I look up and see Dallas is the one that picked me up. "Come on little Curtis. You're gonna be late for school." Dallas throws me over his shoulder and carries me to my room, despite my protests.

He plops me down on my bed and walks over to my dresser. He pulls out a pair of jeans and a shirt to pair with my leather jacket and converse.

Dallas goes to my underwear drawer next. "Stop! I got it from here!" I yell and make him leave my room. I close the door and lock it before changing clothes.

I used to have the biggest crush on Dallas growing up. I mean he was the bad boy with a bad reputation, what girl didn't like him?

I realized that me and him would never happen so I buried my feelings for him. I started sleeping around a little bit and snuck out and went to parties all the time with Two-Bit.

Soda eventually found out about the parties, but I made him promise not to tell Darry. He said ok as long as I didn't come in drunk out of my mind when Darry was awake.

I leave my room once I get dressed. "Kaitlyn we're gonna be late!" Pony yells at me.

"I know! I'm coming!" I yell back. I grab my book bag and head to the living room. Darry, Soda, and Steve already left for work.

"Alright, i'm ready. Lets go." I say and we all walk out of the house. "Where you going Dal?" Johnny asks Dallas.

"I'm gonna go hunt some action. See you guys later." Dallas waves and sends me a wink. That's strange, Dallas hardly ever looks in my direction much less winks at me.

"What's going on with you and Dal?" Johnny asks me. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"He just been winking at you. Didn't know if something was up with you two with all them parties you been sneaking out to." Johnny responded, my eyes widen in shock and my jaw drops.