1.

Huening Kai☣

He only applied a week ago, now he's standing backstage, in front of Choi Yeonjun himself, waiting for his turn to perform for the first time.

He hears chatter behind the curtain, excited laughter, babies crying, rustling of bags of popcorn, he could hear everything and it was beginning to get overwhelming.

But, he pushed it all down, finally looking Yeonjun in the eyes, feeling intimidated as soon as their eyes met.

Yeonjun smiled wide, ruffling the youngers hair with his gloved hand, chuckling when Kai flinches.

"No need to be afraid youngin',  I assure you, I don't bite!" Yeonjun teased, Huening just laughed awkwardly.

Yeonjun pulls away his hand, placing it into the pockets of his coat. "First performance huh? Nervous?"

Kai forces a smile back, scratching the back of his head nervously.  "Yessir. A-a bit."

"Ahh, don't be! I'm sure the people will love you! I'm even intrigued myself, heard a bit about your talent from your application."

Kai can't help but feel a little happy that Choi Yeonjun, his now boss, was interested in what he could do.

"You're flexible, eh?" Yeonjun remarks, winking.

"Yessir."

"I'm excited to see, it's time to start now, remember doll, you're 5th act."

Before he could question the nickname, Yeonjun fled behind the curtain, and suddenly loud cheers erupted from outside.

Kai peaked his head out from the curtain.

Yeonjun had a staff in one hand, microphone in the other.

"Hello everybody!" Yeonjun yelled, more screaming erupted, causing Kai to flinch.

Kai watched in awe as Yeonjun interacted with the crowd flawlessly, making perfectly timed jokes,  not only is his personality mood-boosting, he's honestly, a sight for sore eyes.

He's attractive, lean, and charming, no wonder everyone likes him.

"Please welcome our first act, Soobin!" Yeonjun yells, girls on hula-hoops hanging from the ceiling in flashy leotards swing down and then a tall boy, assuming to be Soobin runs out, waving to the crowd. 

They all yell for him, Kai assumes he's popular.

Yeonjun leads out a horse to Soobin, Kai furrowed his eyebrows, confused but before he could think much more of it four hands yank him back completely behind the curtain.

It was two boys, practically vibrating with excitement.

"Wooahhh!! You're the new guy right?" The boy on the left gushed, looking from Kai and the other boy back and forth. 

Before Kai could even reply, the boy on the right butted in. "What's your talent? Tell me tell me!"

Kai awkwardly replied, "I'm a contortionist."

The boys in unison both erupted in gasps, laughing and nudging each other.

"What's your name?"

"Kai."

The boy on the left smiled "I'm Beomgyu!" the other boy giggled, before replying "I'm Taehyun."

"Are you two brothers?"

The boys' mood suddenly dropped, looking almost panicked before replying, "No, we're best friends!" Taehyun broke the silence, bringing the mood back up almost instantly between the two.