4

One sunny afternoon, Jungkook and Taehyung were summoned to a family gathering.

Confusion ruled their minds as they wondered why they were being called.

As they reached their sibling’s home, they were welcomed by their family members who wore amused smiles on their faces.

Jungkook, with his arrogant demeanor intact, spoke first.

“What’s all this about? I hope it’s to finally crown me as the godfather. It’s the only logical choice, after all.”

Taehyung, looking equally smug, replied, “Oh please, Jungkook. We all know I am better suited to be the godfather. They need style and flair, something you clearly lack.”

Their siblings, clearly exasperated, came forward with a mischievous glint in their eyes.

“Enough of this nonsense, you two! We’ve made our decision. Taehyung will be the godmother/papa, and Jungkook, you will be the godfather.” Taeri exclaims.

Jungkook’s jaw dropped, unable to believe what he had just heard.

Taehyung, on the other hand, let out a triumphant chuckle.

“See? I told you my sass and style were unmatched!”

As they tried to protest, their siblings silenced them with a stern look.

“You two clearly need to learn a lesson in humility. We chose Taehyung because, despite his sassy nature, he has a heart of gold. And Jungkook, you have so much potential, but your cockiness needs to be toned down.”

Jungkook, a rare sight of vulnerability in his eyes, nodded slowly. “I understand.”

Like if.

Taehyung couldn’t help but smile in triumph.

“Finally, some progress. But hey, Jungkook, don’t worry. I’ll make sure you learn a thing or two about sass, style, and maybe even some humility.”

The room erupted in laughter as Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged playful glares.

Little did they know, their journey as godparents was about to teach them more about love, empathy, and the importance of family than they could have ever imagined.

And so, their adventure as godparents began, filled with hilarious banter, heartwarming moments, and a bond that would only strengthen as time went on.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung would soon realize that the title of godmother or godfather mattered much less than the unconditional love they had for their godchild, who would be lucky enough to have them both in their lives.

Time skip

Taehyung had just finished a long day of rehearsals when his phone buzzed incessantly in his pocket.

He pulled it out and saw multiple missed calls from his sister, Taeri.

Panic washed over him as he quickly dialed her number, his mind racing with worry.

“Taeri, what’s wrong? Why are you calling so many times?”

Taehyung asked, his voice filled with concern.

“Taehyung, it’s time! I’m in labor!”

Taeri’s voice came through the phone, trembling with pain.

Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat, and he immediately sprang into action.

“I’ll be there in a heartbeat. Just hold on, okay? Are you alone?”

“No, Junghyun is here, but I need both Jungkook and you by my side. Please, Taehyung, I know you two don’t get along, but this is important.”

Taeri pleaded through labored breaths.

Taehyung swallowed hard, conflicted with various emotions.

He and Jungkook still been at odds, their rivalry stemming from a mix of personal differences and accidental misunderstandings.

But this was a moment that transcended their animosity.

It was about family.

“Okay, Taeri. I’ll be there with Jungkook. Jungkook might be your husband’s brother, but he is still family too,” Taehyung agreed, taking a deep breath to steady himself.

As he hung up the phone, Taehyung dialed Jungkook’s number with jittery fingers.

After a few rings, Jungkook picked up, his voice filled with annoyance

“What do you want Taehyung,  I’m kind of busy.”

“Jungkook, Taeri is in labor, and she wants both of us there,” Taehyung explained, trying to keep his voice steady.

Jungkook was taken aback, his concern overriding any grievances he may have had towards Taehyung.

“Okay, I’ll meet you at the hospital. We can put our differences aside for something this important.”

With that, the two set off to be with their sister (in law), each battling their own emotions along the way.

They had spent years bickering and misunderstanding one another, but this moment demanded unity.

Upon arriving at the hospital, they found Taeri in a room, exhausted yet radiating determination.

Junghyun stood by her side, his own worry etched across his face.

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a brief and awkward glance, silently acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

They pushed aside their past and focused on supporting Taeri through her labor.

Hours merged into an eternity as they held Taeri’s hands, whispered words of encouragement, and cheered her on during each contraction.

The room hummed with anticipation, a tangling mix of emotions shared between the siblings.

Finally, a cry filled the air, instantly silencing every worry, resentment, and past tiff.

They all turned their attention to the tiny bundle in Taeri’s arms.

Tears welled up in their eyes as they marveled at the miracle before them.

In that moment, Taehyung looked towards Jungkook and nodded, a silent agreement of newfound respect.

Jungkook returned the gesture, a sense of unity forged through the arrival of their niece.

As they stood together, Taehyung, Jungkook, Taeri, and Junghyun, their hearts now bound by a shared moment, their past animosity began to dissolve.

Love and the miracle of life had overshadowed the years of grudges, and they realized the power of unity in the face of adversity.

Jeon Ari was finally born.

To be continued