Chapter 6: The Arrival To Paris

Rarity's POV

The flight to Paris was long, but it felt shorter with Applejack by my side. We talked, laughed, and even napped together, feeling more comfortable and relaxed than ever. I couldn’t help but admire how strong and confident she was, especially when she smiled. Her eyes shone like emeralds. I felt a friendly warmth in my chest whenever she touched me, whether it was a gentle squeeze of my hand or a playful nudge of my shoulder.

I wondered if she saw me as a good friend, or if she still had some suspicions about me. I wanted to show her how much I cared, but I was afraid of pushing her too far or making things awkward. Besides, we were going to Paris for a month, and I didn’t want to overwhelm her. Maybe it was better to keep things simple, at least for now.

We arrived in Paris in the evening, greeted by the dazzling lights of the city. We took a taxi to our host family’s apartment, located in a quaint neighborhood near the Eiffel Tower. Our host parents, Monsieur and Madame Lefèvre, welcomed us warmly, showing us to our room and offering us some refreshments. They were a friendly couple, with two teenage sons who were away at college.

Our room was cozy and elegant, decorated with floral wallpaper and antique furniture. There were two twin beds, a dresser, a closet, and a small desk. A window overlooked the street below, where we could see people walking by and hear the sounds of traffic.

Applejack and I unpacked our bags and settled in, feeling both excited and nervous about our new surroundings. We thanked our hosts for their hospitality and told them we were going to bed early, as we were tired from the flight.

We changed into our pajamas and climbed into our beds, turning off the lights. The room was dark and quiet, except for the occasional car horn or dog bark.

“Applejack?” I whispered from across the room.

“Yeah?” She whispered back.

“Are you awake?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure thing.”

I paused for a moment, then continued. “How do you feel about being here? In Paris, I mean.”

She thought about my question, then answered honestly. “Well, Rarity, I’m not gonna lie. It’s a bit overwhelmin’. This place is so different from home. The language, the culture, the food… It’s all new to me.”

“I understand,” I said softly. “It’s a lot to take in.”

“But,” She added quickly, “I’m also excited. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and uh.. I don’t want to waste it. I want to see everything this city has to offer. And I want to share it ...with you.”

I gasped softly, then said in a hushed tone. “Applejack… that’s so sweet of you.”

She smiled at me in the dark, then said teasingly. “Well, darlin’, you know me. I’m always up for an adventure.”

I giggled lightly, then said sincerely. “Thank you, Applejack. You’re such a good friend to me. And you always make me feel comfortable.”

She shrugged her shoulders modestly, then said kindly. “No problem, Rarity. You’re my friend too. And you always make me feel special.”

We smiled at each other in the dark, feeling a warm connection between us.

“So,” Applejack said after a brief silence. “What do you want to do tomorrow? We have the whole day free before we start our classes on Monday.”

I thought for a moment, then said eagerly. “How about we go see the Eiffel Tower? It’s not far from here, and it’s such an iconic landmark.”

She nodded her head agreeably, then said casually. “Sure thing. That sounds like fun.”

I clapped my hands softly, then said happily. “Wonderful! Then it’s settled. We’ll go see the Eiffel Tower tomorrow morning.”

She smiled at my enthusiasm, then said jokingly. “Just don’t go spendin’ all your money on souvenirs while we’re there.”

I laughed out loud, then said playfully. “Don’t worry, Applejack. I’ll save some for you.”