CHAPTER 1

JACK WOKE UP from a deep slumber, but as soon as she opened her eyes, her hand reached for her pounding head. She groaned. Her head felt like it was about to blow up at any moment. Despite the fact that the pain in her head felt like it had been smacked with a hammer, she still manage to gaze around. The woman in her arms did the same. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she recognized her own room, but it caught in her throat as soon as she realized there was a woman in her arms.

A woman? Here in my room?

She swallowed as the woman next to her moved slightly. She could feel her smooth skin against hers. Nahigit niya ang hininga. They are both naked beneath the cover! Aminado siyang may pangangailangan din siya, but she never takes the woman she slept with into their house. She cursed under her breath. She always brings them to a hotel! Ngayon lang siya nagmintis. Tiyak na sandamakmak na sermon ang maririnig niya sa kaniyang ina kapag nalaman nitong sinuway niya ang isa sa mga mahigpit na pinagbabawal nito.

Muli siyang napamura sa sarili. Tiyak na malalaman ng butihin niyang ina ang pagdadala niya ng babae sa tahanan nila. She knew she couldn’t hide that from her mother. She palmed her own face with her free hand. Anong palusot ang sasabihin niya? Anong paliwanag ang idadahilan niya? Ayaw pa naman niya itong bigyan ng kahit na anong katiting na sama ng loob. Ilang ulit siyang napamura. Her head hurts considerably more now that she has a new problem to deal with. Puno tuloy ng iritasyon sa sariling nilingon niya ang babae.

And they both gasped in shock.

Nilingon din pala siya nito kaya sabay silang napalingon sa isa’t-isa. Gano’n na lang ang paglaki ng mga mata nila the moment they saw each other’s faces. Para siyang tinakasan ng sarili niyang kaluluwa sa mga sandaling iyon. Hindi siya makapaniwala kung sino ang babaeng nasa bisig niya.

“J-Jack…”

She blinked, still unable to believe who she had just slept with.“Elise,”she uttered, almost a whisper.“H-How… I… How…”

Elise quickly pulled away from her and checked herself inside the sheets. Habang siya naman ay naiwang nakatulala pa rin sa una.

Is this a dream? Is she actually in my room? In my own bed? Barely naked under the sheets?

She only came to her senses when she heard Elise’s feeble sobs.

Oh, fuck!

“No,”naulingan niyang bulong nito sa sarili.“No…”

“E-Elise…”

Mabilis na nilingon siya nito.“N-Nothing happened, right?”

“I…”she couldn’t find any words to say. Maging siya mismo ay hindi maunawaan ang kasalukuyang nangyayari.“I…”

“Tell me nothing happened, right?”Elise asked again, a bit panicked this time.“Jack, speak up!”

Napakunot ang noo niya, still quite confused.“I… I don’t know.”

“Mabuti nama’t gising na kayong dalawa.”

Mabilis na nabaling ang atensyon nila ni Elise sa bumukas na pinto and their eyes grew wide in horror as they exclaim in unison,“Nay!”

“Magbihis kayo’t mag-uusap tayong tatlo ng masinsinan.”

Neither she nor Elise dared to respond. She knew at that moment they both ran out of blood due to their paleness.