The News

Editors Note: The cover art was not done by me!! As far as I've looked into, the cover art is done by jopajopovna1, so props to them for making it! Anyways, I also wanted to say that this is my first ever story I'm writing, so I really hope u enjoy it! Please, let me know how well or bad I did for a first time as well. Also, this takes place in-between Season 1 and Season 2

      After Luz saved Eda, things have been kinda odd. King has been getting more attatched to both Eda and Luz. Lilith has been pretty jumpy ever since she got here, it must've really impacted her to learn what Belos almost did to Eda. Everyone forgave her for what she did to Eda. Even if it was really messed up, but people make mistakes! You just have to give them another chance to make it up. Luz believes Lilith can be good. Just how she believed King and Eda were good! Lilith is just misunderstood by the world. However, Luz is willing to fix that! Luz doesn't know how she is going to go back to the human world. How she is going to go back to her Mamá. But, Luz will find a way! Willow and Gus texted her, letting Luz know they were there for the whole thing. Well, what they think was the whole thing. Luz thought that maybe she should just tell them, but it's probably best they didn't know. They got a lot to deal with on their own anyways! This is family matters only.

     However, she hasn't heard much from Amity. Luz heard that she will be able to start walking around normally again soon. Which is really  nice! Luz hopes Amity feels better. Whenever she sees her, she always gets all hot and red. Maybe she just has a fever or cold, Luz doesn't know what kind of sicknesses they got on the Boiling Isles. But, she hopes it's nothing that'll hurt Amity badly. Today, she should be able to help her walk around the school again, so that's something to look forward to! Amity is really fun to be around! Well- whenever she doesn't get all sick around Luz and burns up. 

     Luz slowly flutters her eyes open as she feels a shift of weight on her chest. Luz looks down to see a skull with horns, just covered in fur. She slowly picks up and moves King to the side as she sits up. Taking in her surroundings, she's surrounded by walls, the ceiling, and the floor. (Which are pieces of wood.) Having her body comfortably lifted up by a soft, long bag that she sleeps on. (Her sleeping bag) Luz takes a few deep breathes in and out. Her lungs get filled up with cool, breezy air as it wakes her up more. Luz shifts her body to face behind her as she sees an open window, having the light shine in and blinds her once looking over. Luz yelps a bit as she covers her eyes very tightly. Slowly trying to recover from the flashbang that was given to her. Instead, she reaches for her phone and looks at the time.

     ........."I'M LATE!!" Luz exclaims as she jumps up from bed and rushes over to the bathroom. Luz swings the door open and gets greeted to a sight of Hooty opening and peeking through the opening that used to be covered by glass. "Hoot hoot! Good morning Luz!" Hooty said loudly. "Not now Hooty! I got to get ready." Luz retorts as she shoves Hooty's head through the window. She rushes over and looks at her reflection. Her eyes set sights on an Afro-Latina girl, her hair was kinda frizzy and tangled. She was wearing a purple shirt along with pants, which had cute stars and cats near the bottom of them. "I look awful. I can't go to school like this." Luz runs back over to her room and picks up her uniform. When she steps back into the bathroom, she smells something a bit odd and sniffs her uniform. She recoils from the smell. "EW! That smells bad! Hmmm, whatever, I can clean it when I get back." She tosses her uniform on and clumps her pajamas onto the floor of the bathroom. Seeing Eda's clothes right there next to hers. Luz needs to clean that up when she gets back. Luz doesn't bother with her hair as she runs over to the stairs. Leaping past a few steps of them while she makes her way down. "EDA!!!" Luz hollers out as she bursts through the kitchen door. She sees Lilith jump a bit from the sudden surprise. As for Eda, she was more than prepared. Eda hands Luz a piece of toast and simply says "come on, Luz." Without another minute to spare, Luz puts the piece of toast in her mouth and follows Eda out to the front. "Why'd you wake up late today? You're usually up much earlier than this." Eda questions. "I just had a hard time sleeping last night." Luz answers as a half truth while pulling a half eaten toast out of her mouth. Eda gives her a puzzled look for a second before grabbing Owlbert and mounting him. "Well, come on, let us get going before Principal Bumpikins tries to give you detention again." Eda jokes about before letting out a snort of laughter.

     Luz hops onto Owlbert and holds onto the broom tightly. Before she knew it, they were in the air, looking across the Boiling Isles as they went. They saw the library and the park. It's always nice to see the Boiling Isles from this view. It always looks so pretty and magical. Before Luz could get used to this view, they were zooming down to the grounds of Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. Once they landed on Hexside grounds, Eda scooped up and plopped Luz onto the ground. "I got to hurry, kiddo. Gotta make sure my sister doesn't do anything she's not supposed to over there." Eda announces as she glared towards the direction of The Owl House. Before Luz could say another word, she was up and off towards home once more. Luz shrugged it off and started to head into Hexside. Once she entered the halls of Hexside. She was crushed in-between people. The halls were crowded with people. Most of them just stood in the middle of the halls, doing nothing but talking to each other. However, that's fine! Luz knew Amity needed help going through the halls. There's no way she could get through these crowded halls by herself! Especially if Bosha and her goons her anywhere near by. Luz has got to find Amity.

     Luz slowly makes her way to where the lockers are. There isn't much traffic near them, it's almost all near the middle of the halls. Luz looks around, trying to find the short, green-haired girl that she knows. After a few minutes of searching, Luz heard the bell ring/scream to go to her first class. She got worried that Amity might not make it, but she couldn't be late. Luz hurried over to her Potions Class. Still being careful to pay attention to the class so she doesn't have a repeat of what happened last time. She saw a few kids laughing and trying to have some fun. However, Luz was determined for this class. For all of her classes, in fact! She was a human, so she has to try much harder in these classes than the others do. She went through Potions, Illusions (with Gus,) Plants (with Willow,) and Oracle Class. She wasn't paying much attention to anyone around her, she just wanted to get to lunch to see Amity. She hasn't seen or heard from Amity in a bit. Hopefully Amity was here today.

     Luz practically ran over to the lunch room. She wanted to make sure her friends were okay. Nothing bad could've happened to them, right? Luz grabs her lunch and starts walking over to the table she usually sits at with her friends. While walking over there, she spots Willow and Gus, but no Amity. "Umm, where's Amity at?" Luz questions as she sits down. "Amity is taking a day off to heal her foot, she'll be back tomorrow but her leg will be healed." Willow responded before drinking her Ghoul Aid juicebox. Luz shrugged it off and talked to Willow and Gus about how her day as been so far. They all talk and eat their lunches. Willow and Gus gives Luz a bit more tips about their tracks before the bell rings/screams. They all get up and say their goodbyes as they go their seperate ways down the hall. Next for Luz was the Abomination Class! She usually sits next to Amity. However, one day of sitting alone won't do anything! Though, Amity usually helps her with abominations since she can't really do that kind of magic. She'll just listen and take notes today. That won't be hard to do. The rest of Luz's school day was full of her busy classes. Bard, Healing, Beast Keeping, and Construction. By the end of the day, she was pretty tired. However, she managed to get through the day, now she was going to sit back and probably play around with King or help Eda with bounties, or- "Attention Students!! This is your principal speaking!" The speakers blared and barked out. "We are sad to inform you that Hexside will be closed for some renovations. School work will be sent home; where you will be learning from until farther notice!" What?? To Luz, this didn't seem right! Learning from home? Sounds like some lazy version of a public lockdown. Students all around Luz had mixed reactions. Some were confused, others were happy. Some seemed kinda upset by the news. This was quite upsetting for Luz as well. She didn't want to learn from home! Hexside was an amazing place for her and she won't be able to visit it for-- she didn't even know how long! Well, she was sure learning from home couldn't be that  bad. Luz walked outside to tell Eda the news and to go home. She talked to Willow and Gus about it when she got back to The Owl House. Willow seemed bummed out, however Gus seemed kinda interested in the idea of it. Luz was in the middle of it all. She didn't know how she felt about it, but she was sure she would find out soon. It was only a matter of time.

Editors Note: Sorry if this is shot for you! These chapters will usually be longer, but think of this as a pilot! (Word count: 1803 words)