Chapter one

Great fucking idea, let's book a concert in the middle of  winter and be stuck snowed in. December 12th. Grand Forks, North Dakota. My boss was a genius. Let's book a concert in December knowing there could be a snow storm. 

"We will reschedule the concert for later this week, as long as no one looses power we will be fine. For now I need you to stay here, it's not safe to leave. Plus there's no outgoing flights." My manager Brian said. "Great. Just great like I want to be stuck here." I said aggravated. "I got Candice going to the store to stock up on a bunch of food and drinks for you, at least a weeks worth. But this is your room. Luckily it was booked before it sold out." He said as we walked into the room. It was almost like a mini apartment. Small bedroom, living room and dining area. Nice bathroom, with a hot tub bath. At least there's that. I sat my stuff on the couch and sighed. "This is going to be fun." I mumbled. I hated being alone, after my last relationship ended I always surrounded myself with friends. Today started one of many days alone in this room, or so I thought. I pulled out my laptop, doing some school work. I was still finishing out my college degree, I had became a singer while going to college but I didn't want to give up on my classes.

Candice came an hour later and filled the fridge and pantry. Leaving anything that didn't fit on the counter. She wasn't much for conversation so I just let her do whatever and she left. I finally finished my class. Two weeks before my next class now. Thank god. I closed my laptop putting it on the charger and turned the tv on trying to find something to watch.

A few hours later my phone rang. Brian. What does he want now. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, so you know how you don't like being by yourself for so long. A friend of mine is in town for a concert too, and well their band got rooms, but there a bed and couch short. Could they crash with you?" He asked.

"Who is it? Do I know them?" I asked. Why does he always do this dumb shit. Please at least be someone decent.

"I mean you know of this person, but I want it to be a sort of surprise." Brian said.

"What the hell? Surprise? Who is it? Guy girl? You have to tell me something." I said aggravated. What the fuck is he up to.

"Okay okay, it's a he. But don't kill me when he comes in. Hope your not naked!" He said then hung up the phone.

"What the fuck?" I said putting my phone on charge. The door opened and I turned to look. No fucking way. "Hey. My friend Brian said you'd be okay with me crashing on your couch? They ran out of rooms and all the guys kinda have full rooms." Corey said. "I-I yeah. Oh my god." I said covering my mouth in shock. Corey chuckles. "Yeah he told me you'd have that reaction." He said. "Sorry I just didn't expect tha-." I paused. "Never mind, umm let me move." I said and walked over to my stuff moving it off the couch bringing it into the room.

As I started to walk out he stood in the doorway, making me almost run into him. "I'll just get it out of the way, he told me you have a crush on me. You don't have to be so nervous, I'm just a normal person." He said. "He told you?!" I said shocked. Fuck you Brian. "Yeah. Said it's the perfect match up for a room." He said and chuckled. "I don't know why he had to tell you, I mean your married and-." I said as he cut me off. "Not anymore." He said and rubbed the back of his neck. "O-Oh? I'm sorry." I said and bit my lip. "It's fine, I just have bad luck. Divorcé finalized last month. She has a new boyfriend." He said. "But who'd want to lose you?" I said then covered my mouth. He chuckled again. "How sweet of you to say." He said then walked to the couch sitting down. 

"Law and Order?" He asked as I walked out. "Yeah, I was watching a few episodes. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice." I said biting my lip. "A performer and in college? Interesting." He said and smiled. "You can change it if you want." I said looking at him. "Or we could watch it together?" He suggested. "A-are you sure?" I asked. Fuck quit stuttering. "Yeah. Or we could watch a movie? I mean we are gonna be stuck in here for who knows how long." He said. I smiled slightly walking over and sitting on the couch. "You can pick whatever, I really don't mind." I said. "Okay, if you insist." He said and found a movie.