Chapter Twenty- Three

Emily's Pov:

"When did you cut your hair!?" Elle asked, touching my bangs.

"Today." I said, moving Elle's hands away from my hair.

"You look hotter." Elle said.

I'm used to Elle's constant flirting, so I took her comment as a compliment.

"What Elle said!" I heard Derek yell from the living room.

All the girls, including Rossi, were in the kitchen.

Rossi was cooking, and we girls were just waiting for him to be done so we could eat.

"When's the food going to be done?" Penelope asked.

"It takes precision to make this pasta taste wonderful." Rossi said, I saw that coming.

He loves his pasta.

"I want food!!!" Elle said while putting a fist up in the air.

"Foods ready!" Rossi yelled after Elle's complaint.

"Finnally." All the girls said in sync.

----

JJ's Pov:

We moved from the counter to the dining room.

Morgan said at the far end of the table with Spencer to his left, Elle said next to Spencer. Rossi sat at the end of the table, so he faced facing Hotch. Emily sat next to Rossi in front of Elle, I sat next to Emily's left, and Penelope was next to me on the other side.

"I would like to make a toast to, Emilia." Rossi said while standing up with a wine glass in hand and tapping a fork on it so it can catch everyone's attention.

"I would like to thank this wonderful young woman for letting me be the father I've always wanted to be. Emilia, I've known you since you were just a little kid, I've seen you grow up into a rebellious teen, I've seen you go off to college, and I've seen you grow up into an amazing person. I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to be a father towards you. Happy birthday, Kid." Rossi said.

"Thank you for being a father for me." Emily said with teary eyes.

"I would like to make a toast also." Elle said.

"You are like a sister to me. Me and you have always had this special bond that I would forever cherish and love. You are the moat, wonderful woman ever, and I'm glad I've got to create a friendship with you. Since the day you walked into the BAU, you've been nothing but the greatest person to not only me but to everyone else on the team. I would also like to thank you for all the times you've dealt with my drama and drunk hours, so thank you for being everyone's rock and everyone's happiness. Happy birthday, Emily." Elle said, holding her wine glass up in the air. Everyone did the same and drank from their wine glass.

"Are you crying, baby girl?" Derek said with furrowed eyebrows.

"This is all so emotional. 'Thank you for being everyone's rock and happiness.' Such beautiful words. I don't know how Emily isn't crying." Penelope said with tears streaming down her face.

Penelope stopped crying, and everyone ate dinner.

It was time to cut the cake and open presents.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Emily. Happy birthday to you." Everyone sang.

Emily blew her candles out, and everyone clapped.

"What did you wish for, kid?" Rossi asked.

"I wished for something." Emily said, not revealing what she wished for.