Song Two - Him and Her

~

It's been many moons but she still couldn't get the boy off of her mind. She also couldn't get that gut feeling to go away, she still didn't know what it was for.

His girlfriend found out. They had a calm conversation about it and they decided it was for the best, but he couldn't help but think about her. After a week he still couldn't get her off his mind, her stunning body and pearl tail swam around his mind constantly. He took it as a sign.

She sat at the same place she did every day, on the sandy beaches surrounded by the bright blue water. This was how she cleared her mind, she'd lie down and listen to the waves crash against the shore. Something was off about today, she just couldn't clear her mind.

He swam as quickly as he could, hoping to catch her before the sun went down. He knew the way like the back of his hand and soon they would be united.

As she sat up something caught her eye, a shimmer in the distance swimming closer and closer. She backed up quickly as it crashed into the shore. It was him.

"Sorry miss," he apologizes before backing up into the water.

"You're the merman from that day," She says in disbelief, "How did you find me?"

"It was a gut feeling," he said casually.

She smiled as she looked at him. Maybe it was meant to be.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her, admiring her beauty and confidence.

Her gut feeling had vanished, but in its place butterflies flew around. She slipped into the water beside him. They shared eye contact for many moments, getting closer and closer by the minute.

He was already obsessed with her, he loved her; she needed to know that.

She took his hand in hers and brought it up to her face, resting her face on his palm.

He brought her face closer and closer to his, their noses touched. He looked her in her eyes, they were blue just like the ocean, and sparkled just like the sea. He needed to do this.

She stared into his eyes, smiling against his hands, which held her head up. His eyes reminded her of home. She needed to do this.

He closed his eyes as he leaned into her, their lips embracing.

She brought him closer to her, begging for more. She knew he knew what she wanted.
He never would have believed this would happen, but it is.

~♡~

This was the best night of her life, she felt amazing and felt so much love for him, although she doesn't know him well.

He laid back next to her on the beach, holding her hand. He loved this because it was just him and her.