Volume 1 Chapter 3: What Is A Friend?

Previously:
They sauntered down the hallway only to strike fear into the hearts of many. "Can you stay out here, Alice?" He blushed bright red at her calling his first name. "Yes mistress!" She entered the teacher's lounge only to be halted by a certain guard dog. His desk was the closest to the entrance. He looked up at her with irritation and disdain. "Why are you here, rebel? It better not be because you want to start trouble?" Her heart was racing fast in her chest. His eyes were fierce and scary but she can't falter with her rebel act. "Don't worry dog, I'm not here for you." He growled deeply as purple sparks came off his body. "You aren't getting past me until you tell me your purpose of being here." She was absolutely terrified of him and his family name. Her tough act was slowly crumbling to rubble. "I don't think I can keep this act up anymore." She said to herself. "Fine, be that way, dog. I'm here for my father." His body stayed tense. "What's the problem, Kalego?" Dantalion walked into view and soon a few other teachers did the same. She stopped staring down Professor Kalego and spotted her father among the huge group of teachers. Her tail wrapped around her leg as she waved his way. He pushed past everyone and said bluntly,"Why are you here bothering my coworkers?" She bent her legs and got on his level all while grinning deviously. A few of them got on edge. But Blushenko just patted her head. Her hair looked sharp but it was fluffy and soft to the touch. Kalego watched as her body relaxed. "I just wanted to come by to say goodbye. I'm heading home and knowing you, you'll be staying at the dorms." He stopped petting her head and gave her a gentle smile. "You could have easily asked to see me instead of giving Kalego trouble." She looked over at the hellhound and her eyes narrowed like a tunnel. "I want to be respectful but I'm scared of being treated like trash. Will they discover my secret? Will they try to kill me? I'm scared of being used like my former family." She scoffed annoyed and stood up straight. "He hasn't earned my respect yet. I only spoke up for the faculty today because it fit my agenda." Kalego hatred and irritation grew in size. She looked at her father seriously,"I'll see you tomorrow, pops." She walked out of the lounge only to say to Alice. "I'm going home, do you want to come with me? We could fly to school together every morning?" He perked up with excitement as he followed closely behind. "Sure thing, Mistress!"

Getting home only to see her uncle talking to a few pals from work in the dining room. He greets her rudely and she just ignores him with a strange expression of sadness. He concludes his meeting and then heads up to her room. He knocks on her door only to hear,"Come in." He stepped inside to see her sitting on the edge of her body looking down at the ground. Her tail was moving slowly back and forth on the bed. "What's up with you brat?" "You are right about me." His eyebrows raised slightly. "Huh? What was I right about?" She looked up at him and said bluntly,"I'm not your niece." His black eyes changed to emerald gemstones as he created a blade of emerald green flames.

Zethu Buer's Appearance:
He has a scar going over his right eyebrow, a small scar going over his lips on the right side, and has a few deep but old scars on his arm. He has slightly tanned olive skin. He looks 24-25 in human years. Pointy ears with sparkling Gemstone stud earrings and piercings decorating his ears. He has a slightly pointy nose also decorated with more stud earrings. He has slicked back black hair with emerald gemstone horns coming from either side of his forehead, they are short but very shiny. He shines and cleans them every morning. He has black eyes that change to emerald gemstones whenever he uses his magic. Emerald gemstone snake shaped end, with black eyes and inside of their mouth with emerald fangs. His fingernails are painted black and his hands are decorated with all sorts of gold, platinum, and gemstone rings and bracelets.

Border Control Security Demon:
He wears an emerald shimmering dress shirt with the sleeves pushed up and his collar is always a mess. He has no tie and his vest is black and decorated with floral designs bedazzled with sparkling gemstones. Black slacks with emerald pinstripes. Shimmering emerald dress shoes with black laces and soles. He wears an equipment belt with his retractable baton, riding crop, handcuffs, and emerald spiked whip.)

He was slowly engulfed in rage and disgust. But before he snapped completely and went berserk. "Then who are you?" "She died in her coma and my soul took her place. I didn't ask for this, I killed myself the same time she died. I wanted to be at peace somewhere. Not in hell! It's not fair!" His flames slowly diminished in volume. "Who were you before?" She collapsed to her knees and began to cry. "I was a human named Iruma Suzuki. My parents were abusive and took advantage of my kindness. Till the point that I became a pushover slave to them. I took the way I died into my own hands. Playing the bad guy, it's too hard. I can't do this anymore. I want to help others, smile freely with friends and family. I want to be hugged. Praised for being a good imp. I'm sick of being treated so negatively for things I didn't do. I'm not the old Nozel. I'm my own person." Her tail curled up into a spiral. He walked over and crouched down and rested his hand on her head. "Then if you aren't her then act like yourself. There's no need to play the part of a monster if you want to be something else. Actions are more important than words anyways. If you want to help rather than hurt then do so. If you aren't her then how about we start over fresh? I'm not bothered about you replacing her if it wasn't on purpose. She was abnormal and you seem way better as a niece." She looked up into his emerald gemstone eyes. "If you want to be hugged and loved, I can do that." He pulled her into a warm embrace, his snake tail wrapped around her waist. She started crying again but this time it was of happiness.

Nozel went down stairs only to see her uncle sipping onto hell gray tea and doing paperwork at the dining room table. He didn't didn't look up from his papers but he did say,"Good morning, Noz." He calls her by a shortened version to remind himself that she's not the same Nozel as before. "Good morning, Zeth." They talked it out yesterday. They aren't enemies but in fact friends. "I'm heading out to go to school, have a nice day at work." She swiped his sandwich and waved goodbye at him. He looked down and then smirked smugly. "You sneaky minx! Likewise you damn brat!" She giggled playfully at his reaction. She's decided that she's not going to act like a full human nor a demon but right in the middle.

She bit down on the sandwich on her way to the gate to her house that was covered in statues of snakes that come alive to attack intruders. She heard voices of distress coming from the entrance so she quickened her pace. She whistled and the snakes halted in place. The mysterious figure in question was Azmodeus Alice? "He's a friend, go back to your posts." They all slithered away and back on their positions on the gate. She loomed over him with a grim expression. He went to say something but he was pulled into a warm embrace. His body began glowing dark red as his injuries healed up by her Bloodline Magic. "I'm sorry you got hurt. It won't happen again. They know you are my friend now." He was released and he looked at her surprised and confused. "What's a friend?"

They both flew to school together after she explained what friend was. She made it sound all grand and exciting. It's like a blood bond minus the blood part. Demons share close moments with each other, fight together in dangerous situations, and much more.

They arrived at school and tucked away their wings. Nozel waved hi to the student council and gave them a slight smirk. They all got deadly chills up their spines and froze in place at the sound to her saying good morning.

They arrived at the familiar summoning great hall. Everyone averted their eyes from Nozel and just looked Azmodeus's way. He was extremely handsome and his new master was absolutely terrifying. "I wonder who is our instructor?" "Actually mistress, our instructor for today is..." The hellhound of Bablys pushed opened the two doors to the dark and gloomy room fiercely.

To be continued...