01. reefer madness

CHAPTER ONE      /      reefer madness

     ERIC FORMAN paced impatiently outside the school, moving from side to side in the parking lot, eagerly anticipating the arrival of his friends. His gaze wandered across the area, stealing glances at his wrist watch with growing anticipation. He hoped enough time had passed, his eyes actively searching for his friends whenever he wasn't checking his watch.

However, that wasn't the case. Eric resigned himself to the waiting game, displaying patience he didn't know he had as he perched atop the hood of his car. As he sat there, his attention shifted to someone else.

A mysterious guy had been subtly pacing back and forth for the same duration Eric had been sitting on his car. It was as if the stranger, too, was waiting for someone who seemed unlikely to arrive any time soon. Eventually, the stranger decided to approach Eric, closing the distance between them. Nervously, the young Forman gulped, his apprehension mounting as he observed the stranger's peculiar yet somewhat timid demeanor.

Eric silently hoped the guy would reconsider his approach, allowing him to avoid a conversation with a rugged-looking stranger who evoked memories of the people who used to make fun of him.

The stranger cleared his throat, trying to exude an air of confidence despite his obvious anticipation. He positioned himself directly in front of Eric, but his attempts to appear imposing only made it more apparent that he was waiting for someone.

"Um, is Steven around?" The guy asked, tilting his chin upward and raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know, do you see him around?" Eric quipped, attempting to alleviate the tension with a joke, which managed to crack himself up.

However, the guy's expression remained stoic, unfazed by the attempt at humor. The young Forman swallowed hard, his fear intensifying as he wondered what he might do next.

"I'm not playing around, twiggy," the guy retorted, a surprising Australian accent coming through as his tone remained firm and unwavering.

Eric felt his smile fade almost instantly upon hearing the nickname used to refer to him. "Where is he?" the stranger pressed on, his determination to find Steven Hyde unyielding.