Chapter 10- Wasted

Aiden

I didn't sign up for this. I felt the urge to call Marco, cuss at him and tell him that I never signed up for a damn house party.

But at the same time, I didn't have the time. And Marco was unavailable anyway.

I walked into the house a few minutes after Maria, making my way over to the living room while keeping my eye on her. Jackson was quick to take her into the kitchen, likely introducing her to his friends.

I knew that Maria didn't drink because of the accident, so I wasn't that concerned about her getting drunk. Instead, I sat down on the leather couch in the living room, observing the idiotic teenagers that filled the house.

The music was almost as bad as the songs that were played at homecoming. Homecoming hadn't been that bad, as no one really saw me due to the dark lighting. I was able to watch Maria dance with her friends, studying the way she danced shyly compared to Lauren.

I was brought back to reality when I heard a voice, a tall brunette standing in front of me with a drink in her hand.

"Mind if I sit?" She asked, looking down at me with a small smile on her face. "Next to you?"

I shook my head, my eyes going back to Maria who was being pulled around the party as Jackson talked with his various groups of friends.

"So, why are you here? You don't seem to be having a good time." The girl beside me spoke and I looked at her, her arms crossed over her chest as she looked around the room.

"I could say the same about you." I shrugged, slouching into the couch and letting my eyes depart from Maria.

"My girlfriend wanted to come, well ex now. She uh, went upstairs with some guy."

I looked at her, a slight frown on my lips. "Damn."

"Yeah." The girl laughed, taking a sip of her drink as my eyes went back to Maria. "Your turn."

I shrugged, watching as Maria leaned into Jackson, her legs giving out slightly. She was probably exhausted. "I got bored."

"Bullshit." The girl laughed. "Is that your girlfriend?"

I looked at her, following her line of vision to Maria. "No."

"But you wish it was."

"Fuck off."

She laughed again, seeming amused. "She's pretty."

"Do you want her?" I asked, scowling at her. "I'm not sure she swings that way."

I finally took a closer look at the girl beside me, wearing a white button up with black dress pants. We were practically matching aside from the shirt colors. I was wearing all black, and a blazer. Her hair was long and messy, done in a side part with pins holding back the smaller portion.

"Chelsea." She stuck out her hand, covered in silver rings.

"Aiden." I shook her hand. This would probably be the only time we'd ever speak, and she was having a hard night. If it made her feel better to have someone to talk to, I was willing to sit with her for a while. After all, all I was doing was watching Maria.

Maria.

I looked over to the kitchen, searching for a small girl in a red dress with long dark hair. And she was gone.

I stood up from the couch, pushing my way through crowds of people as I began to search the house. A feeling of panic was growing in my stomach. If she left the house, I was screwed.