Chapter 2: Uncommon in the Common

Let's get going.

April 21, 2015
Late Night

Phoenix was trying to sleep, but it doesn't seem to be working until a sudden wave of drowsiness overtakes him and he falls asleep. But he's not going to dream, he wakes up in the Monastery staring at himself sitting at the table across from him...it's definitely not The Original, he looks identical to Phoenix but just a little older, he's got crown like horns on his head and his pointed ears poke out from his hair and he has on a red trenchcoat and black turtleneck, he's got a fingerless glove on his right hand and his left hand is covered in bright white bandages with a silver trim.

???: "So, you're the new version Igantia decided to make."

Phoenix: "Who's Igantia?"

???: "The prick that brings us here to this place, who else!?"

Phoenix: "You mean The Original?"

???: "That's what you call him? Well that doesn't matter, as you can clearly tell I'm you...but to keep it simple just call me...Vieta, yeah my middle name will work."

Phoenix: "But that's my middle name too..."

Vieta: "It doesn't matter, I just wanted to meet you and present an offer to you."

Phoenix: "What is that offer?"

Vieta: "Cutting to the chase, huh? I can respect it. My offer is training. I don't know if you'll be able to weild magic like I do, but we can attempt it. Now, do you have a Grimoire?"

Phoenix: "What like a magic book?"

Vieta: "No, no, what I'm talking about (holds up left hand) is the Grimoire manifested on your body, all of us have one."

Phoenix: "I'm pretty sure I'm just human."

Vieta: "As if, not a single Phoenix is ever human, we can look close to human's and faunus but we're not human."

Phoenix: "Faunus?"

Vieta: (scratches head with right hand) "Oum damn it, forgot you don't have people with animal features in your dimension. (Crosses arms) But I suppose you haven't gone through the event to awaken your grimoire into manifesting, we could try and force it...But you're not going to like it..."

Phoenix: "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I like it?"

Vieta: "Because...to manifest the Grimoire in any way..."

Vieta stops and stares at Phoenix for a moment before looking at the table and continuing.

Vieta: "You'll have to...lose an arm..."

Phoenix: "That's...That's a joke, right?...Right?"

Vieta looks back up to Phoenix and Phoenix can tell this isn't a joke.

Vieta: "It's either you lose your arm in a controlled space with me, or you lose it during one of your excursions into...what was it? A tower?...I think that was it."

Phoenix looks down at the table tapping his fingers nervously against the wood.

Vieta: "Well, I don't expect you to make a decision immediately, take as much time as you need...Just know, it will happen. Now I think you should go, sweet dreams, Messiah."

Phoenix: "Hold on wh-"

Phoenix doesn't get the chance to respond as he taken from the Monastery of the First Flame.