Chapter 10

Despite the confusion between Xuân Lan and Tiểu Yến, Hoàng Long as Lucas couldn't wait for the biggest moment he had been waiting for. It's time to cure my 2nd male lead syndrome, he thought as he finished his dashing groom tuxedo. It was pretty rad to have a new life with the bride. Lucas received a phone call from Xuân Lan, saying to him, "Alô, are you all set?" He responded with a smile, "I'm almost done, wifey."
"I'm almost done, too, hubby," Xuân Lan added as Thiên An did makeup for her at Vân Phi's house.
Lucas also praised Xuân Lan, "Perhaps my princess looks good, right?"
"I'll see you at the church and you'll find out. Bye bye, ông xã," Xuân Lan ended the conversation with Lucas after Vân Phi wore the wedding crown on Xuân Lan's head. Meanwhile, Lucas drove the car to the church.

        After that, Vân Phi instructed all kinds of things, "You're officially Lucas's future wife! Remember to take care of him carefully, as well as yourself. You must also regularly call me and all of Lucas's employees, don't tell us that you're married and forget everything! Flashing to hear everyone admire the wedding dress Xuân Lan was wearing, she couldn't hold back tears of joy. Luckily, Thiên An comforted her and wiped tears for her, saying, "Hey, be happy because you're no longer FA, don't cry, lady. You're the lucky one to have a good wedding with our boss. I hope you both love each other until the end of time."

        The noise at the church showed that everyone was struggling to prepare for the wedding procession. There was also Tiểu Yến and Gia Thành in other formal attire. While everyone were hustling and bustling, Xuân Lan appeared all of a sudden as a beautiful bride and she held a bouquet of roses with her maids of honor, Thiên An and Vân Phi. While they walked down the aisle, Xuân Lan made Lucas confused seeing her stand out even more than those luxurious people. She was sweating profusely, her heart was pounding like it was going to jump out. Vân Phi smiled and whispered to her shoulder, "Why the heck are you sweating so much? Here's your handkerchief to wipe your face, before your makeup runs out." Meanwhile, the tomboyish Bội Nguyệt said to Nhật Minh, "Xuân Lan considers that lucky to marry our polite and handsome boss."

        Looking at Xuân Lan and Lucas, Tiểu Yến briefly talked to Gia Thành, "They look happy for a big day. I wish I could wear the same wedding dress as hers when I grow up." Gia Thành caressed her cheeks and said, "Don't worry, Tiểu Yến. We've been only dating 3 days ago. About what you just said...we simply take our turn." The minister began the wedding, saying, "Do you guys have vows prepared?" Xuân Lan nodded, "We do, father. We always get to make vows so will you let me do first?" Lucas also added, "I'd love that."
"I remember one time I met you at the library in college. And I chose the book called The Return of Condor Heroes, and you told me that his favorite character is Lu Zhanyuan. And whenever I think about Lu Zhanyuan and Li Mochou on TV, you always get along well and make me clean my brain. Lucas, no matter any drama happens, I know that we're meant together. You're always my Lu Zhanyuan who understands my heart as Li Mochou. Em yêu chồng lắm!"
Tiểu Yến chuckled softly when it was Lucas's turn to exchange his vows, "I remember that day with the book. And that day you took me to Disneyland and the wedding dress you tried on at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo-tique. I love it. I remember and notice everything about you, such as your voice, your fragrance, and most importantly, your vital statistics. You're the only one that I'm faithful to. You are an incomparable source of poetry and boundless love. Thanks for coming with me as a morning dew of the 20s. And I promise you that as long as you just keep being you and let me love you, I will be the happiest man alive."

        After that, the minister realized the moment everyone had been waiting for, "Xuân Lan, do you take Lucas to be your husband, to love and honor, forsaking all others from this day forward?" Xuân Lan tearfully responded, "I do, father." The minister also asked Lucas, "And you, Lucas, do you take Xuân Lan to be your lawfully wedded wife?" However, Lucas hesitated and the church anxiously waited for his response. Finally, Lucas responded in a strong manner, "I don't." This made everyone in shock and Xuân Lan appears frustrated and shouted, "What was that about? I thought you would say 'I do' in front of everyone here! How could you do this so differently?" Lucas sighed deeply and said, "I'm not a gen manager like in this same old crappy comic book. I'm not the 2nd male lead in this old-fashioned and corny love triangle story. It doesn't even matter to me if the main female lead is in love with someone." Then, Lucas walked closer to Tiểu Yến and said, "Tiểu Yến, I may be your boss in hell, but sometimes you're the one who really knows how to love me and you always do. And you know what, I think you should see me as your main male lead of your own story, not a 2nd male lead in the enemies-to-lovers trope." Tiểu Yến broke down in tears, "No way, I think maybe we should never see each other again. It may be better if we'd forget each other. Aren't we more than boss and assistant, huh?"
Lucas wiped her tears and said, "Don't say such unlucky words. Each story will have a good ending." Then, once Tiểu Yến felt better, she pulled out a pen to write her name on Lucas's hand, saying, "Remember me when you're back." Lucas agreed by writing his name, which is Hoàng Long, on Tiểu Yến's hand, "This is my name in a different world. Just keep it carefully." At the end, they shared a kiss and their final goodbyes, leaving people stunned and Xuân Lan jealous, again. After Lucas left, Tiểu Yến felt that she still owed a debt of gratitude and still couldn't pay it all in this life!