Rose- chapter 3

"our neighbors are coming over for dinner" Nolan announced to us as we began to prepare dinner. It was a tradition that during dinner time, all of us were involved in the preparation so we were all seated int the kitchen cutting up veggies and anything we were told to cut up by Luke who was our head chef when Nolan gave us that piece of news. I felt my heart stop at his words.

"neighbors? As in Ryder Conan" I asked. Nolan looked very surprised at this piece of information. "so wait, you invited our neighbors for dinner without actually knowing who they are". that was next level dumb. I noticed all my brothers exchanging looks between themselves and Nolan. Nolan picked up his phone and dialed a number. We all watched him exchange annoyed words and then he dropped the phone with a sigh.

"well, they are still coming". I groaned internally, the last thing I wanted was to be in the same room with Ryder freaking Conan. The room fell into silence, and we all worked together. We weren't really that coordinated when we worked in the kitchen but suddenly everyone was doing what they were supposed to do.

 Soon dinner was ready, and we'd set the table. I headed up the stairs to change my cloth into something more respectable. I'd scarcely finished dressing up when the door bell rang and I heard voices. I tied my hair up really quick and headed down the stairs. They were all seated in the dining room already. Everyone turned to stare at me the moment I stepped foot into the kitchen.

"sorry" I muttered, bending my head and going to my seat which was the only available seat on the table. It was opposite Ryder younger brother.

"you never told me you had a little sister, Nolan" the eldest of the Conan's said. I looked up at him, using that moment to actually observe his features. He looked to be in his early 20's, he looked very much like Ryder just that he had darker hair and fewer piercings. Nolan threw him a glare at his comment and rolled his eyes.

"hi, I'm Ezra" the youngest of the Conan's said, holding out his hands for me to shake. He looked to be the most innocent with only an ear piercing and not a single tattoo that I could see. I reached out and shook his hand. He grinned at me.

"Roselynne" I replied.

He shrugged "I know, I've seen you around school". I muttered an oh. My eyes subconsciously looked towards Ryder who was glaring at his younger brother. He looked very annoyed for some reason, but I wasn't about to bother myself about it remembering what had happened in detention earlier.

"I'm Isaiah, and I'm single" the eldest Conan announced, winking at me.

"don't hit on my sister, Isaiah" Nolan chided, making sure to stress the Isaiah out.

"Like she'll want to date someone like you" Ryder snickered. The comment didn't really go down with his brother, because Isaiah narrowed his eyes at him and asked him what the hell he said. I could already feel a fight brewing and from the way Ezra shrunk, it was obvious the fights between the two eldest weren't always pretty. Ryder repeated what he'd said, and Isaiah lunged at him, grabbing him by the throat, and pushing him against the wall.

"Stop it, this instant" Nolan yelled, standing up. The entire room went silent even, Isaiah froze. He let go of Ryder and turned to face Nolan. "Or what?". Derek let out a loud ooh.

"I'll kick you the fuck out, my house my rules so seat your fucking ass down" Isaiah glared at him for a few moments more before seating in his chair. I looked at Ryder who was rubbing his neck, his neck was red and had the handprint of his brothers' hands, I suddenly lost my appetite at the sight of it.

"Thanks for dinner" I announced without even touching my food "nice to meet you Ezra" Ezra grinned at me as I pulled my chair out and headed for the stairs. I ignored the look that Nolan was giving me to seat the hell down. I entered into my room, holding my chest tightly. I couldn't hear anything from downstairs, so I wasn't really sure what had happened. I just went about changing my cloth into my nightwear. I changed quickly and headed out of the bathroom. Ezra was standing in my room looking at a book on the table, flipping through it absent minded. He turned when he noticed my presence.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just wanted to apologize, my brothers can be very stupid at times, but they are really cool the moment you get to know them" I nodded making no comment. "maybe we could hang out sometime? Free this weekend?" I nodded and he smiled. "I'll see you in school". he turned and headed out of the room. Nolan came in after him, a very sour look on his face.

"Mum called" he announced. I shrugged "she said to tell you she loves you so much and that they'll be back for the holidays". I grabbed my phone and climbed my bed, Nolan sighed and sat beside me.

"I'm sorry about dinner but I need you to do something for me" I looked at him. " I need you to stay away from them, anybody with the last name Conan, stay away from them". he bent low and kissed my forehead. "sleep tight". Nolan stood and walked out of the room. I lay down on my bed, the only thing in my head being the word Conan.