141 | chArlotte's web

After the funeral, the girls sat gathered at The Radley taking a drink

After the funeral, the girls sat gathered at The Radley taking a drink. The entire thing reminded Isabella of Alison's funeral all those years ago when they first had been cornered by Wilden and then took a drink at the Apple Rose Grill. The feeling of déjà vu made Isabella think of everything else that had happened in this town – good and bad – leaving her suffocated.

"When did you tell Jordan?" Aria asked out of the blue, attention focused on the blonde.

"Tell him what?" Hanna wondered, not fully understanding the question.

"This town, Charlotte everything we went through," Aria clarified.

"She means the things she can't google," Isabella snorted.

"When I knew I was falling in love with him," Hanna responded with a soft smile.

"Hmm, Liam and I aren't there yet but — I know he's gonna have a lot of questions when I get back," Aria said.

"Are you sure you should leave tonight?" Emily asked her. They all found it a bit weird how eager Aria was to get out of town. Isabella wasn't especially thrilled about staying either, but since it was a long trip and it gave her the opportunity to settle a case in New York, staying for a little longer in order to not look like she was fleeing town wouldn't kill her. "You know the cops wanna talk to us before we go."

"Yeah, I've already missed a few days of work," Aria said like it was obvious.

"We all have, Aria," Hanna said before Isabella could make a sarcastic comment. "We're staying."

"Okay, well, my boss asked me to come back," Aria told them, earning looks from all her friends. "You guys, this wasn't an easy job to get. I can't lose it."

"They're gonna ask us questions about that night," Hanna pointed out.

"Yeah, we were all together and none of us left the hotel. What else is there to say?" Aria shrugged, placing her glass on the table.

"I left," Isabella pointed out. "At around one and Caleb dropped me off at home after that."

"I think the person the cops should really be talking to is right over there," Spencer said, nodding over to the reception where Sara Harvey checked into The Radley. The guy who came with her to the funeral – some sort of assistant perhaps – took the pen from the clerk and signed. "Can she really not sign her own name?"

"I still haven't told anyone about what happened, have you?" Emily asked them and Hanna shook her head.

"Do we really believe she doesn't remember?" Aria wondered.

"I think she's lying. Just like she lied about having Swedish Syndrome to get her sentence reduced," Hanna said confidently.

"Stockholm Syndrome," Isabella corrected. "And that requires her to actually have been kidnapped, which she wasn't. She was living out in the world and chose to help Charlotte torture us."