Chapter 39: New living room

<<<HICCUP'S POV>>>

Me, Merida, Kristoff, Anna, Eugene, Punzie, Crystal, Manny, Idun, Jamie and Adgar helped Jack and Elsa moving in to their new home. Emma tried to help, but got a lecture from Jamie and Jack.

Jack and Elsa agreed to have a completely different style from last time. All the rooms would be different from the last time, even the furniture!

There is tins of coloured paint and such. Punzie, Anna and Emma are all squealing in excitement. They are all best friends and I can see why!

"Can we start painting, please?" Emma asks.

"Only, because you're not lifting," Jamie smiled.

Emma squealed and immediately started to paint with Anna and Punzie. Me, Kristoff, Eugene, Jack, Jamie, Manny and Adgar start bringing in furniture.

"So, Jack! Why all the new furniture?" Jamie asks confused.

"A new start," Jack shrugs.

"Well, son! You've done a great job! Found love and a family and I can't tell you how proud of you, I am!" Dad says smiling.

"Thanks, Dad!" Jack smiles.

If only my Dad were like that. I haven't spoken to my Dad in years, because of the painful memory...

*A couple years ago*

"Son, I want you to marry Astrid!" Dad suddenly declared.

"WHAT?! No way! She is in love with Snoutlout!" I say.

"You have to man up like me!" Dad said disappointed.

"Well, I'm not like you! Two different people related!" I say annoyed.

"YOU'RE NOT MY SON!" Dad shouts.

I stumble back in utter shock. Dad huffs angrily and then softens, but I didn't soften I felt so hurt.

"Son, I'm sor--" I cut him off.

"I'M SORRY, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?! AS I RECALL I'M NOT YOUR SON! I'M DONE WITH YOU!" I shout angrily.

I ran away from him. I didn't care. He had hurt me so badly and he hadn't tried to stop me either...

End of flashback*

"Yo, Hiccup!" Eugene waves his hand in front of my face.

I snap out and everyone is looking at me questioningly. I remain silent, because I don't want to talk about it. Everyone's face only questioning with curiosity.

Merida comes over with Hope and sees me. I smile weakly, but Merida understand everything. She engulfs me in a bear hug with Hope snoring sound asleep in her arms.

I calm a bit and I sit on the new couch with Hope in my arms and Merida passed out on my shoulder. I love these two so much. Merida and Hope are my top priority now. I can't lose them and I wouldn't be like Dad was.

Day one of helping and we finally get to leave. The living room was finished. Elsa, Jack, Luna and Jackie are all staying at the old mansion for now, until all the rooms are completely decorated that is.

"Want to go for a stroll in the park?" Merida asks.

"Sure, I could use some air..." I sigh.

"Hiccup, there's air everywhere!" Merida joked.

I burst out laughing and Merida was laughing along with me. Hope then suddenly started to laugh. We walk around the park with little Hope in her stroller. She's just too adorable, I swear!