Into X the new X World

"Another day, another loooong investigation", a female voice sighs.  The voice belongs to a woman around 30, riding on the back of a scarlet Pokémon. 

"Agias!" The Pokémon chirps cheerfully, happily trotting along a lightly used dirt path heading up a mountainside.

"Of course you don't mind, you get sandwiches regardless", the woman says with a huff, her blue eyes tired and with bags underneath.  She wears a white tracksuit jacket with blue and red shorts and blue leggings, white sneakers, a red, fingerless glove on her right hand, and a pair of black and yellow sunglasses.  On her back is a rectangular, red backpack, which clanks every now and again, full of items. 

The Pokémon under her resembles a cross between a lizard and a motorcycle, with large folded wings on its head and a spiky dewlap resembling a wheel. 

The Pokémon, named Koraidon, chirps happily with each step, while the woman sighs and slumps down slightly.

"I'm all for a good adventure but Geeta's been runnin' me ragged.  I like the research part but the constant travel is boring when it's all the same stuff over and over.  I've seen every square inch of Paldea at this point, can't I go visit Alola again?  Or heck even Kanto?!"

For a second, the woman pauses, then shakes her head with a disdainful look on her face.

"On second thought, I'll pass on Kanto again.  Getting hassled by the Rockets was a headache last time", the woman complains. 

A buzzing sound catches her attention, and her Rotom phone flies up in front of her face.  A familiar, green-haired woman pops up on screen.

"Oh thank Arceus it's just Rika", the woman sighs with relief, tapping the screen with a smile. The green-haired woman on the screen smiles and waves.

"Hey, hey, hey! Rika here, at your service!", the green-haired woman greets, "How goes it Brody?"

The tired brunette, Brody, responds, "Hey, Rika. Everything's going fine on my end. Ya know, as fine as it can be. La Primera is having me investigate another anomaly."

Brody pauses to run a hand through her hair, then continues, "We're pretty sure it's an Ultra Wormhole. I really hope not, if something comes through we're gonna have a real mess on our hands."

Rika looks sympathetic, and says, "Don't worry kiddo, if anyone's got this, it's you." She snaps her fingers and says, "Tell ya what; you get this little assignment done and over with, and I'll take you out to eat tomorrow night."

Brody's eyes light up and she exclaims, "Wait, seriously?!  Also really, 'kiddo'?  I'm your age last I checked!"

Rika chuckles, hand on her face, "Okay, Okay, talk to you later... kiddo."

With that the phone shuts off, leaving a flustered Brody to stammer.  Brody grumbles to herself, muttering to herself about getting back at Rika later.  An excited cry from Koraidon catches her attention, her head raising to see what caught the lizard's attention.  About 20 yards away, up the side of the mountain, is glowing, pulsing portal, floating in midair.  Brody smiles and pats Koraidon's side.  The lizard Pokémon launches itself up with powerful hind legs, latching onto the cliff side with sharp claws and gripping pads on its feet.  Koraidon easily scales the cliff face, reaching the top in under a minute.   Once they reach flat ground, Brody dismounts and walks over to study the wormhole.

Brody pov...

"Well at least it's not open yet", I note, walking over and swiping a hand through the floating mass of mostly harmless energy, "It's still unstable though. I'll have to make a call to the Ultra Recon Squad so they can come and contain this."