Chapter Two: Beyond The Pillars She was. Motionless She Stood

Succumbed was his mind, draining all faith from the eyes, that carried the acts of retribution

Succumbed was his mind, draining all faith from the eyes, that carried the acts of retribution. Let the soul guide, he who dares to be alive, the psyche ruled by a sickening version of a self made constitution...Roaming the seas, Megara sailing with ease. How can those that call themselves sick, be the only ones that manifest the existence of a spiritual disease, called internal fear, birthing deadly delusions. They all fear seclusion, still death gives birth for new entities during humanistic collusion.

†††

His eyes opened. Ears catching the sound of the sea water being splashed around with a heavy yet semi-slow paced force. Water rising up then dropping down. He turned his head around suspecting the sound of wood was oars.

He got up slowly and walked silently across the room trying to grab his coat. The coldness of that night was frosting. Penetrating the flesh so unforgivably as it struck the bones. Henry and Grace were asleep. He opened the door as fast as he can. But still he frowned as the wooden door always made a creaking sound.

He stepped outside into the main deck. Eyes looking left and right. His eyes starred at his own ship with confusion and fright. Physically Downing was calm, but the psyche sensed something wasn't right.

This is the first time I don't feel safe on my own ship. My own home.

As he looked around him a small dimmed light in the distance caught his eyes. Moving up and down syncing with the motion of the young waves. He narrowed his eyes, as he struggled to see through the dense fog surrounding Megara. He ran quietly up to the ship's helm. Grabbed Simon's telescope and guided himself back to the main deck. Body rising up the jacob's ladder. He tangled his left arm through the ropes. Eye squeezed through the telescope, trying to identify the anonymous figure in the darkness.

A greyish beard. Old man's skin. He pushed the glass away from his eye. Breathing silently as water vapour escaped his lips. He looked at the entrance to the upper gun deck then turned his face straight again, continuing to look through the glass.

"Simon?"

The glass rose up from the water's view towards the main deck. Confusion and mystery filled Calico's head. As Simon suddenly appeared to be walking on the main deck of an unknown ship in the short distance.

Calico climbed down the jacob's ladder, and leaned forward on the ship's edge. Hearing a voice in the distance, coming from the unknown ship.

"Joan? Joan are you hear?"

"What the hell is he doing? He'll get us all killed."

Calico rushed towards the boats. Dropped one down and jumped behind it. Landing on top. The moment he did, something felt strange. Hands and feet shivering. The splashes of the salty water, didn't waste time rolling down his skin. Instantly freezing on his flesh.

He started rowing the boat, getting closer and closer to the strange ship. Hands moving in a circular motion, but the movement stopped sooner than expected. As he struggled to move the water around. It felt thicker than normal. He heard a voice coming from the inside of his head;