° 40

"Mera, could you please take this to Billy?" Ada asked softly. I turned my head slowly to her "Um, sure." I said hesitant. I pulled myself up from the couch and walked over to the dining table and scooped the Tupperware in my hand.

I glanced at Ada and saw her playing with his son, trying to get Riley to stop crying. Babies are always so difficult all the time.

"Mateo, come on." Mateo didn't shoot his head toward me like he always does when I told him to come with me "Mateo, come on." I repeated, just in case he didn't hear me.

"Uh-uh, I'm staying here and watching this movie and I'm helping Ada with Riri." Mateo sing sang. I narrowed my eyes before rolling my eyes

"Whatever." I said under my breath and headed for the door.

My life is at peace right now, The girls and their husbands aren't here. They went home. Lizzie to New York and The Twins to California. I tried to persuade Aunt Coraline to go home already but she declined a million times. I don't know what she really wanted.

I hit the road and for the first time, I felt the presence of silence. I smiled as my hair moved with the air

I knocked two times, unsure if anyone is home but I'm quite sure Billy would be here. Before my knuckles could hit the door again, somebody flung the door open as they laughed. I was stunned to see her. I should have known basically that she lives here "Oh, Mera." Rachel said.

"Ada wanted me to give you this." I handed her Tupperware immediately "Thank you, Mera." Billy must have heard my name. I saw him behind Rachel, he still have his long hair "Mera, come in." Billy invited me kindly but I needed to refuse his generosity cause I might lose my head "No need, Billy. I'll get going." I smiled as I shook my head "Please, I insist."

"Alright," I replied. Rachel looked at me one more time before moving out of the way so I could come in. I could tell she doesn't like me, I see it from the way she looks at me.

I remember the last time I was here, there was Bella and they were them. They were arguing and the secret came out.

"Hey, boys!" Rachel greeted the newly arrived people. The four of them came from the backdoor. "Didn't know you have a visitor," Jared muttered, nudging Quil "Oh, Mera kindly delivered us the lasagna that the O'Dell's made, isn't that right Miss O'Dell?" Billy slowly turned his head towards me.

"I'm Miss Blanchette." I corrected.

"My apologies." Billy said before turning to Rachel again "Rachel, is the table set outside?" Billy asked her daughter.

"Can I use the bathroom for a sec?" I asked Billy just to get away from this hell of a mess "Sure." Billy nodded.

I sprinted towards the bathroom and I'm glad I didn't leave my phone in the car and pulled it out immediately.

I looked for Mateo in my contacts and immediately found him.

Meercat
save me

Mattie
what? Are you getting eaten by wolves?

Meercat
not at the fucking moment

Mattie
sorry, can't do it. I'm babysitting little Riri 💋

Meercat
Fuck you.

Mattie
love you too.

I groaned in frustration as I massage my temple. I just wanted to get out of here but I couldn't. Hopefully, Aunt Coraline would call me and I can make it as an excuse but as of now, I have to keep my shit together.