Last memory

I am Jiwoo Seo.

As a child I didn't have many joyful memories or interaction with the people around me. I kept my distance because I knew if they knew what I knew about me, they'd look at me with the same disgusted face as everyone before them did.

I didn't have friends, the only person I had was my mother.

I love my mother, I'd like to say she's the best mum in the world and I knew I was a burden to her. I knew that no matter how much she denied it or how much she assured the opposite, there was some part of her that hated me.

I mean how could she not? Everyone else did. I was the one that ruined her life.

I'm the reason we had to continuously move houses.

I'm the reason she had to find a new job everytime.

I'm the reason she had to be in a constant state of fear.

I was the one that ruined so much for her. She never did anything to prove my thoughts, but she didn't need to, how could anyone not hate me?

My whole life someone has hated me.

Anyway back to the main topic, memories.

Like I said my childhood consisted of more sad or blank memories then happy ones. The last happy memory I had before I met my friends and everyone that's helped me, is from when I was around 5.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I am sitting here.

I don't know what to do.

I want to go play with them.

I want to go play tag and hide and seek.

I want to go play on the monkeybars and slide down slides with friends.

I want to play soccer and football.

I want to play with the other kids.

But I can't.

If I did and they found out they'd star at me like that again.

I'd have to see those horrifying stares.

I'd have to listen to those vulgar insults.

I'd have to see my mother stressed, trying to find us a new place to live. I'd have to see her cry for me, cry as if she was feeling this pain. I hate seeing my mother cry. It's weirdly painful. She doesn't deserve to be sad or in pain. Yet every time she cries it seems to be my fault.

So I sit here, watching the other kids have fun.

That is until I feel what I assume is fur. I look down to see a white cat with ginger spots/blobs all over its body.

I froze for a moment.

I didn't want to hurt this creature. I didn't want it to hurt me. If it hurt me my mother would cry thinking I was getting bullied.

I was sitting there until it came and rubbed it's body against me and circled around me.

It's adorable.

I'd like to say this is the first real friend I've ever had.

For weeks after I met this cat I would always return to the spot were I met it, near the playground. I'd bring toys and snacks.

Now years later I arrive at the spot, but no cat.

A day later, no cat.

A week later, still no cat.

A month later, the cat hasn't returned. I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find the cat.

So just as sudden as the cat appeared it left.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I was very distraught at the time.

I was young and thought I did something wrong. I thought that maybe the cat somehow four d out about my ability and left me because of it.

Now looking back the cat would've died, or maybe gotten taken to a shelter.

Though I feel like even if I knew that back then it wouldn't of lessened the pain of losing my first friend.

That was when I was 5, then for the next decade, nothing better then that happened. That small, insignificant event was a huge milestone in my life. It's now the reason I love cats and help them, because if out there, there is some terrified child, who's only true source of comfort is a stray cat that I've helped, I feel happy that the child will get to be happier even for a little while longer.

I know I would like to see that cat again.

Hehe I know this is short but who has the motivation to write long chapter eh? Plus my school holiday are almost over and I need to spend it chilling so like- anyway hope whoever read this at least didn't hate it