A midnight get together

The next morning I had DADA and we were chatting to one another since Lupin had arrived, which was rather odd for him, soon I heard the door close, I turned in my seat expecting to see Lupin but instead I saw Sev with his cold facade on as he briskly walked to the front of the class, he used his wand to slam all the windows close the and pulled down the projector and turned to face the class, "Turn to page three hundred and ninety four." Fred, who was sitting next to me, gave me a 'What's he doing here ?'  Look, I shrugged my shoulders, "Sir where's Professor Lupin ?" A Ravenclaw asked, "That's non of your concern is it Stebbons. It would suffice to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." Sev turn on the projector, I turned to page 394 and saw that it was about werewolves and animagi, "Sir we haven't started learning about shapeshifters yet." A student said, "Silence !" Sev said impatiently, "Now who can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf ?" I raised my hand, "Yes Miss Potter." "An animagus is a wizard or witch let can choose when they transform into an animal, whereas a werewolf doesn't have a choice. With each hormone the body transforms, they no longer remember who they are and they only respond to the call of it's own kind." I explained, "Correct, five points to Gryffindor." I smiled slightly at Sev, "Since Miss Potter was the only one able to answer this question I expect the rest of you to hand in a row of parchment on how recognize a werewolf by Monday morning." The class groaned, "But sir some of us have quidditch tomorrow !" Someone complained, "Then I suggest you all take extra care as loss of limb will not excuse you."

The next day we were playing quidditch in the rain, we were all sopping wet and it made it very hard to see, we were a few points a head of Hufflepuff, all Harry needed to for us to win was get the snitch, I saw Harry fly up into the clouds, disappearing from my veiw which worried me but I pushed that feeling a side. Soon I heard gasps coming from the crowd, I looked up to see Harry had fell of his broom, I flew underneath him just before he hit the ground and caught him and returned to the safety of the ground, McGonagall, Severus and Dumbledore as well as a few Gryffindors crowded around us, "Oh dear heavens, is he alright ?" Asked McGonagall in a worried tone, "He's fine, just knocked out, he'll be fine. I'll take him to the hospital wing. Ron can you find his broom ?" "Sure thing Brit." With that I carried him off to the hospital wing. A few Gryffindors joined me around his bed as we waited for him to wake up, Ron found Harry's broom which had blown into the whomping willow and was now completely wrecked, "He looks a bit peaky." Ron muttered, "Well what do you expect he fell over a hundred feet." George said to his little brother, "Yeah Ron let's walk you off the astronomy tower." Fred pitched in, "See what you look like." George finished, "Probably a right sight better then he normally does."Harry said now awake as we all let out a sigh of relief, "Gave ya a right good scare there mate." Fred said to Harry, "What happened ?" Harry asked, "Well you sort of fell off your broom." Ron explained, "Really ? I meant with the match who won ?" Hermione stood up, "Listen no one blames you Harry, the dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds." "Yeah Dumbledore was furious, once I saved you he sent them straight off." I finished, "And er another thing, when you fell, your broom sort of blew into the whomping willow and well.." Ron showed Harry his broken broom.

"I'm sorry about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it ?" Remus asked as Harry and walked with him in the forest, "No." Harry said sourly, "Professor, why do the dementors effect us ? More than anything one else I mean." I asked him out of curiosity, "You see dementors are amongst the foulest creatures in our world, they feed on every good feeling every happy memory. Until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. You two are not weak, the dementors effect you more because there are true horrors in both your pasts, horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You two have nothing to be ashamed of." "We're scared Professor." I explained "Well I'd consider you two fools if you weren't." "We need to know how to fight them. You could teach us. You made the dementor on the train go away." Harry suggested, "There was only one that night." "But you made it go away." Protested Harry, "Well I don't pretend to be an expert, but since it seemed to have taken a particular interest in you two perhaps I should teach you two. But after the holidays for now I need to rest.".
The holidays came and went and one night Harry mysteriously came to my room one night in tears, "Did you know Britney ?" "Know what ?" "About Sirius Black." "What about Sirius Black ?" "Did you know that he's our godfather ?" I froze Sirius Black was what ? "Where did you here this Harry ?" "I heard McGonagall talking to some other professors about it." "No Harry I didn't know. If I did I would've told you a long time ago." He hugged me tightly as he cried into my chest.