The Gang of Four

There was a huge destruction in "Freedonia" by their enemies, which left nothing but the unpleasant air and dry lands with buildings that showed no sign of relief. Everyone scattered around searching for their family members with hope filled eyes. 

                                     I was all alone in those calm and disturbed streets until one of our enemy soldiers dragged me fiercely from my mom. she came running behind us, but the man shot her on the spot with the pistol in his hand. My mom fell down with an unsatisfied expression on her face. Her eyes were filled with tears however only one drop of tear managed to come out of her left eye which was an unsettling vision for my eye. I shut my eyes tightly out of fear but then I was overcome with shock and was stunned. I didn't take a step forward; the soldier pulled me by holding my hair in his hands. he didn't even care that the shattered glass pieces on the ground were hurting me. Meanwhile the soldiers of Freedonia came running towards us. Seeing that the enemy got frightened and ran away leaving me on the ground with scratches and few burns. I didn't want to be noticed by our soldier's coz they were taking each and every child into their custody and turned them into soldiers or nurses to help them in the war. only the children of higher officials were left out. Before any of the soldiers noticed me, I managed to hide myself under the staircase of a building near to the spot where my mom was shot to death. I looked around to make myself feel better and tried to forget the incident; but I couldn't so, I just temporarily stored somewhere deep inside my brain and kept a smile on my face hoping everything will be back to normal one day. The air around us was totally polluted and filled with dust, metallic powder due to the explosions.

                                                                  I saw Valerie Scott and her father on the staircase of the nearby building and waved my hand excitedly. Mr. Richard glanced at me, then looked away and grunted something. Val noticed me and waved her hand to come near but her father pulled her hand down and they both got into an argument about something. I tried to reach them, but I heard the sound of an explosion, my legs shivered as the sound was scary and frightened me So, I cowered on the spot, putting my head down. I was sniveling, unable to understand the situation and feeling tired.                               

few moments later I heard a familiar voice near me

few moments later I heard a familiar voice near me. It said, "here take my hand, I will take u to safety." I slowly raised my head and could see a hand reaching out to me but the picture of who it was; was blur but I could recognize it as a man. I was struggling as my body got paralyzed. without even thinking the man lifted me and started walking, with the last ounce of energy I had; I saw him and fainted trying to say "thank you Mr. stranger ...................!

!