Sweetie Belle meets the meanies

Sweetie Belle was nervous as she stepped off the train at Maretime Bay. She had moved from Ponyville with her sister Rarity, who had opened a new boutique in the seaside town. Sweetie Belle had to leave behind her best friends, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, and start a new life in a new place. She hoped to make some new friends at her new school, but she wasn't sure if she would fit in. She had heard that Maretime Bay was full of trendy and fashionable ponies who loved surfing, sailing and sunbathing. Sweetie Belle liked those things too, but she also loved singing, baking and magic.

She decided to explore the town a bit before heading to her new home. She saw a sign that said "Sugarcube Corner - Now Under New Management". 

She remembered that Sugarcube Corner was the bakery where Pinkie Pie used to work in Ponyville. She wondered if it was still the same. She entered the bakery and was greeted by a friendly voice. 

"Hi there! Welcome to Sugarcube Corner! What can I get you?"

Sweetie Belle looked up and saw a red earth pony with a curly mane and tail. She wore a green apron and a chef's hat. She had a cutie mark of three cherries. "Are you Cherry Berry?" Sweetie Belle asked. 

The pony smiled and nodded. "Yep, that's me! The one and only! Well, not really, I have a lot of cousins, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm the new owner of Sugarcube Corner! I bought it from Mr. and Mrs. Cake when they retired and moved to Canterlot. They said I could do whatever I wanted with it, so I did! "Sweetie Belle looked around and saw that the bakery had been completely renovated. It was cozy and warm, with wooden tables and chairs, floral curtains and rugs, and a fireplace. There were shelves full of books, board games, and puzzles. There were pictures of happy customers and friends on the walls. "It's lovely!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. "Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It's my dream come true! A place where everypony can relax and enjoy delicious treats! Speaking of which, what can I get you? We have cupcakes, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, donuts, brownies, scones, croissants, eclairs, macarons, cannolis, baklavas,tiramisus,cheesecakes,ice creams,smoothies,milkshakes,sodas,coffees,teas,hot chocolatesand more!"Sweetie Belle's mouth watered as she heard the list of goodies."Wow! Everything sounds so yummy! Can I have a piece of cake please?""Sure thing! What flavor do you want? We have vanilla,chocolate,strawberry,lemon,orange,banana,apple,cherry,blueberry,raspberry,blackberry,cranberry,peach,mango,pineapple,coconut,caramel,butterscotch,peanut butter,nutella,marshmallow,oreo,mint,cinnamon,ginger,pumpkin,carrot,red velvetand my special surprise flavor!"Sweetie Belle thought for a moment."Um... how about cookie dough?""Good choice! Cookie dough cake is my specialty! It's made with cookie dough batter and frosting! It's so soft and chewy! Here you go!"Cherry Berry handed Sweetie Belle a piece of cake that looked like a giant cookie. It smelled heavenly."It's amazing!" Sweetie Belle said."And delicious too! Go ahead and try it!"Sweetie Belle took a bite of the cake and felt a melt-in-your-mouth sensation. It was sweet and creamy and crunchy all at once. She closed her eyes and savored the taste."Mmm... this is the best cake ever!" She said."I'm glad you like it!" Cherry Berry said. "By the way, what's your name?""I'm Sweetie Belle.""That's a lovely name! It suits you perfectly! You're so sweet and cute! And you have a bell on your cutie mark!"Sweetie Belle blushed."Thanks. You're very nice.""So are you! You know what? I think we're going to be great friends!""Really?""Of course! Why not? You like cake,I like cake,we both like cookie dough,we both have red in our manes,we both have cute names,we both have awesome cutie marks,we have so much in common!"Sweetie Belle smiled."You're right. We do have a lot in common. I'm happy to be your friend.""Yay! Me too! Oh, this calls for a celebration! Let's have some more cake!""Okay!"Cherry Berry gave Sweetie Belle another piece of cake and joined her at a table. They ate their cake and chatted happily. They talked about their lives, their hobbies, their dreams, and their secrets. They found out that they had even more in common than they thought. They felt like they had known each other forever. They became best friends.Meanwhile, outside Sugarcube Corner, two unicorns were walking by. They were Diamond Glitter and Silver Meadow, two of the most popular ponies in Maretime Bay. They were also two of the meanest ponies in Maretime Bay. They loved to gossip, judge, and bully other ponies who didn't fit their standards of coolness. They especially hated new ponies who tried to steal their spotlight.They saw Sweetie Belle enter Sugarcube Corner earlier and decided to follow her. They wanted to see what she was up to and make fun of her. They peeked through the window and saw her having cake with Cherry Berry."Ew, look at that!" Diamond Glitter said. "She's hanging out with that loser Cherry Berry!""I know, right?" Silver Meadow said. "She's so lame! Who does she think she is?""She thinks she's so special because she has a bell on her butt!" Diamond Glitter said."She thinks she's so cute because she has red in her mane!" Silver Meadow said."She thinks she's so cool because she likes cookie dough!" Diamond Glitter said."She thinks she's so smart because she likes magic!" Silver Meadow said."She thinks she's so funny because she likes cake!" Diamond Glitter said."She thinks she's so awesome because she likes books!" Silver Meadow said."Well, she's not special,she's not cute,she's not cool,she's not smart,she's not funny,and she's not awesome!She's just a loser,a nerd,a dork,a geek,a freak,and a weirdo!And we're going to make sure she knows it!"They snickered evilly and plotted their plan.They waited until Sweetie Belle and Cherry Berry came out of Sugarcube Corner. They pretended to bump into them by accident."Oops, sorry!" Diamond Glitter said."Watch where you're going!" Silver Meadow said.They looked at Sweetie Belle and Cherry Berry and pretended to be surprised."Oh, hi there!" Diamond Glitter said."Hello!" Silver Meadow said."We don't think we've met before!" Diamond Glitter said."What are your names?" Silver Meadow said."I'm Sweetie Belle," Sweetie Belle said."And I'm Cherry Berry," Cherry Berry said.They smiled and introduced themselves.Diamond Glitter and Silver Meadow pretended to be friendly."Nice to meet you!" Diamond Glitter said."Welcome to Maretime Bay!" Silver Meadow said."Are you new here?" Diamond Glitter said."Yes, I just moved here from Ponyville," Sweetie Belle said."Wow, Ponyville! That's so far away!" Silver Meadow said."How do you like it here?" Diamond Glitter said."I like it a lot! It's very beautiful and fun!" Sweetie Belle said."That's great! We're glad you're enjoying it!" Silver Meadow said."So, what were you doing in Sugarcube Corner?" Diamond Glitter said."We were having some cake," Cherry Berry said."Cake? Just the two of you?" Silver Meadow said."Yes! We had cookie dough cake. It was delicious!" Cherry Berry said."That sounds... boring," Diamond Glitter said."Yeah... very boring," Silver Meadow said.They exchanged a look and smirked. They decided to play along with their act."Well, we're having some fun too!" Diamond Glitter said."Really? What are you doing?" Sweetie Belle asked."We're going to the mall! It's going to be amazing!" Silver Meadow said."There will be shopping, spa, salon, and more! It will be awesome!" Diamond Glitter said."That sounds fun!" Sweetie Belle said."It is! And you know what? You're invited!" Silver Meadow said."Really? We are?" Cherry Berry asked."Of course! We'd love to have you join us!" Diamond Glitter said."Wow, thank you! That's so nice of you!" Sweetie Belle said."You're welcome! It's no problem at all!" Silver Meadow said.