Group D and Plans.

Agatha stood at the far side of the canteen, eyes scanning all of the kids and teens 'rescued' from the mazes. Her mind and eyes kept drifting to her boys who hadn't even glanced in her direction. She knew they hadn't a clue that one of their oldest and closest friends was only metres from where they sat. She also knew that despite being best friends with them before the maze, technically she wasn't their friend anymore. They saw her as someone who worked for the people that brought them here. However, she still viewed each and every one of them as her closest companions.

As the door slid open, her eyes drifted to Thomas as he walked into the room, following one of the guards that escorted him to the canteen. Agatha kept her eyes on her boys as she watched them interact with members of Group C. She could hear them talking about Aris and how he had been at the facility for nearly a week as her eyes trailed to the boy with his head down, keeping a low profile like Agatha had suggested he do.

The door next to her swung open causing her train of thought to stall as Janson walked into the room smiling. The group of teenagers bang their metal cups onto the table causing water to splash everywhere. The rowdy teens shouted at him in excitement at the prospect of leaving forthe 'safe haven'.

"Good evening gentlemen and ladies. You all know how it works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion and join my colleagues behind me. They will escort you to the eastern wing where your new lives are about to begin." He gives a fake smile to the teens as they all clap.

Yeah right Agatha thought to herself as she stood to the side at the back of the room next to a window that showed one of the hallways of the building. Her eyes scanning the kids that had their names called out with pity knowing they wouldn't be back.

As names were read out, kids gathered at the back of the hall behind Janson, laughing at some of the names that had popped up on the list and high fives shared between friends.

Once Janson had finished reading out the names on the list, a groan of disappointment was let out in unison from the group, knowing they'd have to wait for the next day until they got a chance to leave for the safe haven.

Janson reassures them that they will all be allowed to leave eventually as he heads out thedoor. He says he wishes he could take more with him but unfortunately couldn't and that there would be more opportunities tomorrow.

Agatha's eyebrows furrowed as Thomas jumped up, watching something behind her causing Agatha to glance over her shoulder. Dr Crawford and Teresa were walking past the window causing Thomas to make a scene as he shouted after her only to be stopped by one of the male guards standing at the door.

"Where are they taking her?" He asked, annoyed that he wasn't allowed to see her.

"They just have to run a few more tests. Don't worry, they'll be done with her soon." The guard smirked at Thomas causing Agatha to narrow her eyes. She had seen him before and knew he was an arsehole.

"Is she okay?" The annoyance in Thomas' voice simmered and was replaced with concern at hearing that the girl was having more tests done on her.

"She's fine." The guard's dismissive tone caused Thomas to nod slightly as Agatha watched him intently. She knew he had a habit of lashing out and in this case, she didn't want to step in.

Thomas glanced over the guard's shoulder before turning away, his eyes catching Agatha's. The boy froze for a second as their eyes met, dark brown clashing with black as the two looked at each other. She wasn't sure what was running through history 7mind during the moment they watched each other however her ears pricked up as they focused on the drumming in his chest as it picked up.

Agatha had heard about what had happened in the maze.

Thomas injected himself with griever venom which caused some of his memories to return although they were all out of order and random. She knew that there was a possibility that he saw familiarity in her but wasn't sure where from as he turned the other way and walked back to his friends. Agatha's eyes focused on him the entire way.

Her eyes slowly drifted to the back and clashed with blue. The boy she had become friends with in such a short time gave her a small nod, his hood now off as he matched her gaze.

Agatha's mind drifted to their plan as she looked away from the young man to remain inconspicuous.

Flashback

Agatha scanned her code and walked into the room, shutting the heavy door behind her with a sigh, her eyes closing as she finally relaxed.

"Are you okay, Zero?" The boy whose room she had entered stood on the opposite side of the room, watching her as she nodded.

"Yeah, rough day." She smiled half-heartedly as his eyes scanned her frame, noting the green and black blood that stained her uniform.

"I can see that." Aris slowly moved towards the woman as she sat on one of the bunks that filled the room, sitting down across from her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Her eyes opened as his soft voice flowed through her ears. She could feel him staring at her face as she shuffled and crossed her legs on the bed.

"Group D." She spoke quietly but loud enough for the boy to hear as his eyebrows furrowed at her response to the question.

"What about them?" He asked.

"They... None of them were alive by the time we got there." She finally looked at him as his eyes widened. Neither spoke for a minute.

Agatha rubbed her eyes before peeling off her jacket and throwing it on the floor in front of the bed. Aris' eyes followed the jacket for a second before looking back at her. His eyes trailed the scars on her arms for a moment before he looked away, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

Once again, Agatha spoke, "We entered the room and it was a massacre." She looked at him, "The monster they had put into the maze with group D killed them all. It was programmed to stay within the maze walls but for some reason the programming didn't hold up and there was a malfunction causing it to turn rogue." The girl sighed as she pulled her knees to her chest, hugging them.

"The only person we found alive was a little girl. She was pretty beaten up so they're keeping her in MedBay Three until she heals up but I lost two of my team. The beast killed them then headed for me. I had to set the maze to self-destruct." Aris didn't question it as he nodded slowly, understanding that despite what he knew about her, even she couldn't kill everything.

Aris shuffled closer to her and leans against the wall, his eyes looking at the concrete ceiling.

"Today, I over-heard guards talking about Group A." He spoke softly to the girl as her head whipped around to look at him. "They said they'd sent a team to rescue them tonight."

Agatha could feel her heart beating quickly knowing she'd see her friends soon as a smile grew on her face.

"What's the plan?" The boy questioned as he looked at the Cheshire smile on the girl's face.

"We need them to trust you first. Thomas is always skeptical about who totrust. Take him into the vents with you, show him what he needs to see." She gives Aris a pointed look causing him to nod, knowing he'd have to show Thomas the bodies being moved.

"What if he doesn't want to come with me?" Aris turns around to face her, matching her position.

"Oh, he will. He's too curious for his own good." She smiled at the boy as he nodded slowly.

"How do we escape? There are guards at every entranceand not to mention that the doors are sealed?" His worried expression caused Agatha to put her hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

"I'll give you the code tomorrow but first, we need Thomas to be on board. If everything runs according to plan, you'll be out of here in two days max, to a real safe haven." She gives him a grin as he smiles.

"Get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow and hopefully everything will go according to plan." Agatha pats his shoulder and stands, grabbing her discarded jacket and slipping it on. Giving one last smile and a 'goodnight' to Aris as she makes her wayout the door, the thought of her boys being safe the only thing on her mind as she walks to her bunk.