3:45

Ghosts Give Out
Great Compliments

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။၊|• 1:24

The chirping birds, glistening warm sun peeking from between the curtains, the sweet sounds of drivers out on the street yelling at each other blurring into a loud melody.

And Riya was still curled up into the covers of her bed sound asleep.

Riya was usually a morning person, she'd wake up at the same hour as her father to spend some time together before his shift and school. Even on weekends, she tended to wake up early to cook some meal or spend hours upon hours hidden in her father's room playing.

Except that particular weekend, Riya couldn't bother herself with peeling her eyes open. She didn't even bother moving her tingling arm from its odd position under her body, it all seemed like too much work she would rather not waste energy on. After all the events of the week, Riya couldn't be bothered with being a morning person then.

A sudden buzz from the side of Riya's head pierced her dreamless sleep, believing it to be just another noise added to the melody of the real world, Riya let it buzz, relishing in the vibrations which didn't show signs of stopping.

After the sixth repeat of the same buzzing pattern, Riya groaned, rubbing at her crusted eyes with the heel of her palm before looking for the cause of the incessant noise. Her phone on the nightstand had its screen lit up, Julie's name plastered atop the shaking icon of a green phone. A phone call had to be the thing to wake Riya up.

Riya groaned once again before stretching out her tingling arm from below her, reaching for the phone and pressing the answered call to her ear with groggy movements.

"Hel-"

"Riya!" She immediately winced, pulling away the phone from her ear. She didn't even have her phone on maximum volume and the boys still managed to break her eardrums.

"Guys, shush. Hi Riya, sorry, did we wake you up?" Riya peered over her nightstand to the digital clock perched on the edge, an hour before noon, she truly had slept far longer than she anticipated.

"Not at all, I was already awake," Riya lied straight through her teeth before stifling a yawn, still rubbing at her eyes to try to wake herself further. "What's up?"

"We kind of need your help down at my house with songwriting. Can you come?"

"Please!" The boys begged in an overly high-pitched tone again, causing Riya to pull her phone away from her ear before she sighed.

"I'll be there in half an hour, hang on." Julie's relieved sigh could be heard even through the phone while the boys began cheering in the background.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

"Riya's coming! Riya's coming!" The boys chanted in the background, making Riya laugh before she hung up. Sometimes being in a band with Reggie, Alex, and Luke was like dealing with overly excited toddlers on a sugar rush.

She wouldn't change them for the world.

♪ ✭ ♪ ✭ ♪ ✭ ♫ ♪ ✭ ♪ ✭ ♪ ✭

Seeing as it was her lazy day, or at least that's what Riya was calling it, she simply swiped at the first white t-shirt and short grey jean overalls to wear before pulling her messy hair into an even messier ponytail. It wasn't like she was going out to meet with her soulmate or anything, so Riya didn't bother with anything major.