Backstory + The Star-Spangled Man

The news was exploding over Sam, the Falcon, giving away Steve's shield. Articles arose saying he shouldn't have gotten it in the first place and Miss Americana, America's Sweetheart, Summer Johnson should have received it in the first place.
Summer Johnson grew up next to Steve and Bucky, or Stevie and Jamie as she liked to call them. She grew up working on cars and machinery with her father and after he passed she continued with mechanics. Summer was accepted for a Stark internship on his new secret, experimental project with the military. Unaware that Steve would later be the subject of the experiment and they would reunite. When saving Bucky and facing Cap's enemy, Red Skull, at the Hydra base, Bucky and Summer both died in action, or so everyone thought. Bucky survived the fall because of the experiments Hydra had already performed and was captured by them again. Summer was captured as well and throughout the years was experimented on in order to achieve a Hydra super soldier greater than any. While Bucky was on missions as the Winter Soldier, Summer was tortured with many drugs and experimental tactics to achieve the abilities of telekinesis, super strength,
omnilingualism and breathing underwater. When SHEILD went down in Captain America and the Winter Soldier, Nick Fury and Maria had planned a secret mission to take down a known hydra base. In doing so, they saved Summer. She and Steve reunited in the safe house where Nick Fury was recovering from his faked death.
Summer, Steve and Sam had gone to find Bucky. In Civil War, Summer took sides with Iron Man and wanted everyone to sign to keep the peace but like Black Widow, she didn't stop Steve and Bucky from escaping on the plane.
After Steve's death in End Game she cut herself off from the avengers and did avenging on her own, undercover, in the Eastern side of the world. News spread and citizens called her Night Shadow as her identity was unknown.

Summer revs the engine and speeds up, closing in on the two semi-trucks where Bucky, Sam, the new Captain America and his sidekick Battlestar are fighting the flag smashers. She jumps off the bike and lifts herself into the air, landing on the truck.
"Guess my invite got lost in the mail."
Bucky and Sam are shocked to see her. A supersoldier kicks Sam off the truck but he saves himself by flying. Bucky falls down the side of the truck and is holding on while a super soldier is kicking his bionic arm to make him drop. Two soldiers team up on Summer and after dodging their punches, they both kick her off the truck and she slams into the side of the second semi. Luckily, Sam has managed to get between the two trucks, he swoops in and saves them both. However, the weight is too much and he drops Summer and Bucky. They roll together through the grass field. Finally losing momentum, Bucky is on top of Summer when they come to a stop. Both out of breath from the tumble they make brief eye-contact before Summer lifts him into the air with her mind, rolls out from under him and drops him straight on his face.
"Really?" Bucky grunts.
She walks over to Sam and as she gives him a hand up says,
"So, was the plan to get your asses beat, or did that just happen naturally?"
Sam rolls his eyes, "What are you doing here?"
"Oh, I can leave if you prefer and you can continue getting beat up by a little girl next to new Cap."
The three of them start walking back together.
Summer breaks the silence.
"So...anyone want to tell me why we just fought eight super soldiers?"
"Do you want to tell us where you've been the last six months?" Sam counters.
"I haven't been anywhere."
"Oh really! great answer, really. great."
Bucky finally says something, "We've gotta figure out where the super serum is coming from."
"Yeah, and how after eighty years are there eight super soldiers running loose."

Cap rolls by in the jeep.
"So, that didn't go as planned huh?"
the three ignore him and keep walking so he instructs the driver to just keep going.
"Look, at least we know what we're up against now huh?" he tries again. "And we're pretty sure it's one of the big three."
"Aliens, Androids or Wizards." Battlestar adds.
Bucky yells, "There's no such thing as wizards!"
"Alright then it's aliens or androids."
"or super soldiers." Sam says.
"Shit. Super soldiers, for real?
"Yeah."
"Wow. Alright, well, then we gotta work together." cap says optimistically.
"That's not happening" Summer speaks up finally.
"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just"
Bucky interrupts, "Just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America."
"Look, I've done the work okay?"
"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" asks Buck.
"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. it's this thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet. It's a long story, but, any-Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride. Guys. Gary, stop. Get in."
The three get in the truck and John continues babbling.
"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bull supply run...Why?"
Sam answers him, "they say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help."
"They had a funny way of showing it." says Buck.
"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record." Says John and makes sure to add "No offense" and looks at Summer and Bucky, but they dont respond.
"We need to figure out where they're going. How'd you track 'em here? The Flag Smashers?"
BattlerStar answers Sam "Uh, we didn't track them..we tracked you..through..uh..Redwing."
"You hacked my tech?"
John laughs. "Sorry it's not exactly 'hacking'. it's government property." he points between him and his partner, "we're kinda the government"
"Does he always just stare like that?" asks John looking at Bucky
"You get used to it."
"Look, i know that things have gotten kind of, uh..
"-chaotic" Lemar finishes for him.
"yeah. well, the GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip."
"reactivating citizenship, social security, healthcare. Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return."
"The Global Repatriation Council does all that. i get that. So why exactly are you two here?" asks Sam.
Lemar answers, "Well they provide the resources and we keep things stable."
"Yeah, violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause."
"Usually said by the people with the resources" Sam snarkily comments.
"Well, we've got a lot of resources. If you guys, if you joined up with us, we could..."
"No." Buck says sternly.
"I got mad respect for y'all. But you were kinda getting your asses kicked till we showed up. And Summer-..Miss Americana showed up of course." he corrects himself.
Summer hasn't spoken and has been looking off into the distance, avoiding eye contact and conversation but she looks at Lemar when he says her name.
"You alright?" he asks her.
Bucky intervenes. "Who are you?"
"Lemar Hoskins."
"Look I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins." says Sam.
"I'm Battlestar. John's partner."
"Battlestar?" says Bucky judgingly
Lemar continues, "look, aren't you guys used to working in a team?"
"Actually, no." Summer says with a hard, stern look and she stands up and jumps out the car with a soft glide.
"Stop the car!" yells Bucky and he gets out.
"Look, I.. I get it, okay? I get the attitude, i do. You'd don't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it, bucky! And i'm not trying to be Steve or replace him. I'm just trying to be the best Captain America i can be. That's it. And it'd be a whole lot easier if i had Cap's friends on my side.
Sam scoffs, "it's always that last line." and follows Bucky and Summer.