Seven - Denial

Pretend Natsu has dragon wings in the top picture. Or imagine his Shield is really strong and you can't see them because we're all just humans.

_________

Natsu

Yeah, so, Lucy and I went back to our home to get a death glare from my father. And nobody could have stood emotionless about that. "YOU GO AND MATE WHILE WE'RE AT WAR?! WHAT KIND OF SICK SON ARE YOU?!" Igneel booms.

My face turns red, not sure if its embarrassment or rage. "You've told me if I couldn't hold my feelings then I were to bring my lover to the cave!" I yell furiously. Igneel smashes his large claw straight in front of me, making a long cut across my chest. I don't flinch, now not scared of his glare, but glaring back. "You were the one that said that I were to bring the woman I love, and want to be my side until death, to that cave! I'm sorry that it dragged out, but Lucy was born in the human world and it was a change! I wanted to make her feel at home, I wanted her to feel that I was her home, I needed to show her that we aren't the monsters that her father might've told her about!" I raise my hands, using large gestures to explain everything.

Igneel stays silent, making my palms sweat. "You really love her?"

"Is there a problem with following my heart, father?" I sneer, showing my sharp teeth.

My father's eyes widen, but then he sighs, a smile coming over his face. "Fine, your mate is to be moved into your room." He says softly before waving his paw for me to leave.

I rush out and come around the corner to see Lucy chatting up a storm with Erza, and I stop in my tracks scared of what Erza might think...

And the scarlet-haired girl turns to me, and... SMILES?! "You really treat your woman well, it seems, or maybe she sees through that idiotic aura."

I sweat-drop. "Nice to see you too, Erza." I mumble, dragging my feet to stand beside Lucy. I slip my arm around Lucy's waist. "So, how're you and Jellal?" I ask, a smirk playing on my lips.

Erza's cheeks turn red. "W-what are you talking about? We were never a 'how are you two?'!" She huffs, her cute side showing.

We hear foot steps coming down the hall, and we look sideways to see Jellal and Meredy. Erza jumps slightly and I smile more slyly. "Oi, Jellal, we were just speaking about you. Erza was saying how h-" OWOWOWOWOOWOW! SHE HIT ME IN THE HEAD WITH THE BUTT OF HER SWORD!

Jellal comes to a stop with Meredy beside her, his eyebrows raised. "What was that?"

"Never mind... I don't want to die." I grumble.

Lucy and Meredy giggle at the same time, but all I can hear is Lucy's cute laugh. I smile at her, and when she notices this her face turns red. "Baka! You're staring weirdly again!"

"I can't help it!" I complain, and get another hit in the head. "You know what Erza?! I met my manly side over the past few days-" I pause, feeling someone pull my hair. "OWOWOW!"

Jellal chuckles. "Not as manly as-" Meredy is amazing sometimes... "OW!" He screeches, stepping away from the pink-haired girl. "Meredy! What the heck?!"

"Did I embarrass you in front of your girl friend?" She hums teasingly.

At the same time, Erza and Jellal scream, "We're not together!"

Lucy smirks. "First stage is denial."

"We've been in that stage since we were kids!" Erza bellows, crossing her arms. "Nothing will change, and men are a distraction on the battle field! I already have my nakama in my mind, I don't need favoritism!"