Chapter 17

(Charlie's POV)

Half way through the time I'm there, I go upstairs to find a quieter room to just sit down in. I stumble up the stairs, feeling along the walls.

I make it to a door and walk inside. Drake is sprawled out on the bed, drinking something. "Sorry," I mumble, backing out.

"Wait, Charlotte," Drake says, sitting up.

I look up at him, a frown covering my face. "What?" I ask.

He pats the spot next to him and, against my better judgement, I walk over and sit close to him. "You guys were fighting about me, weren't you?" I ask him quietly.

He sighs, "Yeah, we were."

"Drake, I don't understand something. Before we even dated, I told you about how I feel about Stacey, about every guy going to her and falling to her feet. If you had any ounce of caring for me inside of you, why did you go out with her? If you still care about me in the way that you claim, why did you do it?" I ask, staring at him.

He just stares back, a frown etched into his precious features. "I don't know. I think it was because I could better ask how you were. I mean, she lives with you, she had to know."

"I really wish you wouldn't have done that. That hurt me more than anything, Drake, you have to realize that. Ever since we were five for crying out loud, Stacey always got the guy. She got the guys I liked as we grew up together. You were the first person I got instead of her. And even then, in the end, she still got you," I say, looking down.

I can feel tears welling up in my eyes, but I don't know why. I shouldn't be emotional over this shit.

"No, Charlie, that's not true. She didn't get me. You got me, only you. She was just someone I needed to get to you, please, Charlie you have to understand that," He says, trying to meet my eyes.

I finally look up at him and shake my head, "I don't Drake, I don't understand it. Even after everything, you ended up with her and that's just proving to me how my relationships are going to go as long as the guy knows Stacey Vindelli. I'm sorry, Drake, I just, I don't."

Drake becomes antsy now, getting down on the floor. He's propped up on his knees and he moves in between my legs, trying to look at me.

"Charlotte, I don't like her the way I like you. You make me happy, Charlie. You make me forget the shit that I've done and help me to make myself better. Baby, you're a light, she's not. Charlie, I don't love her. I know it's only been a while, but I love you, Charlie, I do," Drake admits. He rests his forehead on mine, cupping my face with his hands.

By now, the tears are threatening to spill over. I push Drake's hands away and go ahead and wipe my eyes. "No, you don't, Drake. You know my sister, trust me, you don't," I tell him.

"You're the only one I've ever felt like this with. The only one, Charlie, please, just let me show you," Drake breathes.

His hands move along my body, causing me to feel heated. "Drake, please, don't," I say.

I'm an emotional mess and there's alcohol and heartbreak, and I'm just not prepared for any of this.

"Just tell me to stop, baby girl, and I will, just tell me," He says. His lips connect with my neck as his hands continue to explore my body. I sigh, letting him do what he wants. This is a bad idea, I know it, but I just can't fight the way I feel right now.His lips trail along my neck and up to my lips. He kisses me gently, cautiously.

I finally just give up and give him everything.

The next morning, Drake and I are tangled in the sheets, our naked bodies pressed against each other. I stir a little and Drake instinctively pulls me closer, tighter.

He doesn't wake up, but doesn't let me go. "Drake," I whisper. He stirs a little, but doesn't open his eyes. "Drake, please."

"Charlie, please," Drake whispers, pleading.

He moves closer to me, if possible. His lips find my neck as he places gentle kisses. I sigh, enjoying the feeling, but regretting it at the same time.

"I need to get home, Drake, please," I say. My body goes against my mouth as I give him a little more access.

"Just a few more minutes. Come on, baby, you're just making excuses," He says.

He's right. I am making excuses. I could care less about getting home on time, but I need to get out of this situation and fast.

I wiggle away from him, conjuring up my inner strength. I take the sheet and wrap it around my body, putting my clothes on underneath. Drake just lies there under the comforter, his eyes half closed.

"Are we okay now, Charlie?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Not even close. Last night was a drunken mistake. You're still in the dog house and you've got a long way to go to get out," I say. After I've got my shoes on, I walk out, not giving Drake a second look.

As I'm walking to my car, last nights events start to hit me. My head starts pounding as I make my way home. Might as well not put it off any longer. I pop some mints and chips to take away the smell of alcohol.

I walk into the house and see my parents sitting in the living room. "What the hell, Charlotte? Where were you?" My mother asks, meeting me.

"I was at a friend's house, geez, calm down."

"Charlie, could you at least tell us that next time?" My father asks, frowning at me.

I shrug, "Yeah, whatever."

"At least your sister had the decency to come home," My mother snaps.

"Yeah, well I didn't want to come home to you," I say, shrugging.

"You selfish son of a bitch," My mom snaps. I'm taken aback by this but have no hesitation in responding.

"No, I'm the daughter of one," I snap back. My moms eyes go wide as I pound up the steps, proving a point. My head pounds as I slam my door, heading for some aspirin.

I can hear my sister coming out of her room and then there's a knock on my door. I roll my eyes, but open it anyways.

"What?" I snap. I have a feeling I'll be doing that a lot.

"Why do you feel the need to take everything from me?" Stacey asks.

I look at her incredulously. "Are you kidding me?" I yell. "Are you fucking serious?" I get louder.

"Yeah, I fucking am!" Stacey shouts back.

"I take everything from you? Really? Well how about all of the guys that endlessly fall for you, huh? You know some of the guys that I actually liked, liked you instead? Do you have any clue how many times I've lost someone to you, of all people? You have got to be fucking kidding me you sorry ass bitch. I have never taken anything from you! All you do is take from me and anyone else in your line of fire. So how about you shove a dick up your ass, like you always do, and fuck off!" I scream.

My face is hot and I swear I'm going to knock her head off if she doesn't back the fuck up. She backs out of my room, her eyes wide. Today is not the day to pick a fight with me, I'm telling you.