Prologue

"The face that brought down ships" they said. Helen of Troy. The love story between Paris and Helen is known to be one of the most romantic romances of history.

" What kind of crap is this?" Scarlett thought to herself while reading the tragic fate of Paris after the downfall of Troy. Paris was killed during action in Troy and Helen had to marry Paris's brother

Scarlett signed. Not every love story gets a happy ending. She closed the "Nobody's Princess" and tossed the book aside. She lay on her back in her bed, staring at the ceiling of her room. It has been 7 days, 7 days since her boyfriend Daxton has last spoken to her. They fought with each other since she will be leaving her current high school and move into a new state because of her dad's business requirements. And tomorrow she will have to move to the other state.

He was mad at her, as if everything was her fault and broken off things between them. Scarlett cried every night and laid awake in her bed, thinking why her life has to turn so wrong. At least Helen was a princess. Scarlett was just a random high schooler going trough a depressed life. But she knew. She knew about this heartbreak. She saw it coming. But still it hurt. Daxton was her first ever crush and love, and first love hurts like nothing else.

Scarlett's phone beeped. She grabbed the phone with lighting speed and mentally cursed herself. It was a text message from a friend of Daxton's.

He says it's all your fault. I'm sorry, better to just move on.

Scarlett felt tears sting her eyes. It's over for real? Isn't it?

She buried her face in her pillow and screamed. If you loved me so much then why? Why can't you understand? What went wrong?

She heard something knock against her bedroom window. Scarlett ignored it. It happened again. She stood up wiping off tears about to give the person outside a earful. She drew off the curtains and started. It was Daxton.

He was wearing baggy jeans and an over sized black shirt. He motioned her to open up her window. Scarlett felt her cheeks burn. She has missed him so much, and here he is, standing in front of her. She knew she shouldn't let him ... but she won't probably see him again after tomorrow. She opened up her window and motioned him to come inside.

He climbed over it and landed smoothly on her carpeted bedroom floor. They both stood looking at each other, completely silent.

Daxton didn't speak a word.

"What do you want?" Scarlett finally asked, breaking the long silence. Daxton didn't respond.

"Why did you come Daxton?" Scarlett asked again.

Suddenly, Daxton covered the space between him and Scarlett and kissed her hard on the mouth. Scarlett immediately put her hands up and grasped Daxton's curly blond hair. It felt surreal and almost heaven.

Daxton stopped and let go her. He was breathing hard.

"Must you really go?" He asked in a hard voice.

Scarlett was flushed red and she felt shaky. "Yes"

"Fuck you Scarlett. It's because of you we can't be together"

She sighed. "I would have stayed if I could Dax. It's not my problem you don't understand reality. Why did you come anyways? Blame me more?"

" I wanted to see you one last time" Dax said. "And.... I wanna break up with you properly"

Scarlett gazed into his ocean blue eyes. Tears came to her eyes as she said "Leave then. Don't ever come back. I knew this would happen" She wiped her tears. "I knew"

Dax scoffed. "You don't even care"

" I do, but this is the better for the both of us. Isn't it?"

"Yeah probably" He turned around to leave. "I will miss you Scarlett" He said without looking back.

"Just go, please" Scarlett did her best to not go after and tell him how much this hurts her. It doesn't matter anymore. They are done.

"Good bye Scarlett" Dax climbed over the window sill and vanished out of sight.

Scarlett went down her knees, clutching at her heart. It hurts so bad. She cried the whole night.