01

Rhaegor smiled down at the child, clutching his leg in his visit to the last of the charities and orphanages.

“I am so sorry, my Prince.” Ceira said, rushing towards the child.

Rhaegor held up a gentle hand towards the warden of the orphanage before lifting the child up onto his hip.

Ceira fell back, a soft smile etching itself on her face at the sight.

"And what's your name, little dove.” Rhaegor asked as he smiled at the golden haired child.

The little girl smiled a gummy smile up at him.
“I’m Meera.”

Ceira smiled at the two before turning to Rhaegors' ear. “The Lannisters do enjoy many ladies that aren’t their wives.”

Rhaegors smile fell a little bit as he took in the girls shining blue eyes and blonde hair with new meaning.

“I must get going.” Rhaegor said as he dropped Meera down gently. Ceira smiled at the man before nodding.

“Thank you, my prince, for everything.”

Rhaegor smiled down at the two before pulling his hood back over his head and disappearing into the swirling crowd.

●○●

"Prince Rhaegor.” Ser Harrold said as he he took in the sight of the youngest Targaryen brother.

“Ser, I must see my good sister before Viserys gets me involved in whatever tourney he wants me in this time.” “Of course, your grace.”

Ser Harrold nodded as he stepped back.

Rhaegor nodded respectfully as he made his way to Aemmas chambers.

"We have royal wombs, you and I." He could hear Aemma saying. "The childbed is our battlefield. We must learn to face it with a stiff lip.”

“Aemma- Niece, Lady Hightower.” Rhaegor nodded his head with a smile at the two girls again.

“Rhaegor.” Aemma brightened at the sight of her brother in law.

“Rhaenyra go take a bath." Aemma said before adding playfully.“You stink of dragon.”

Rhaenyra laughed softly with a nod.

She sent a last scrutinising look to her uncle before she linked her arm through Alicents and left.

“Aemma.” Rhaegor said, smiling down at his friend.

His gaze turned regretful and slightly pitiful as he took in her swollen belly.

A sight he had grown accustomed to over the years of his brothers yearning for an heir.

Aemma followed his gaze before smiling up at him softly. "Viserys is convinced this babe is a son. Rhaenyra, on the other hand, has declared it a girl. Care to weigh in?"

Rhaegor chuckled softly before he ran a hand over her forehead, pushing back stray hairs.
"As long as you and the babe are healthy, it is of no importance to me."

Aemma looked at her cousin and wished for the umpteenth time that he was her husband, not Viserys.

Rhaegor would have been content with Rhaenyra and Daemon and would not have relentlessly pursued a male babe.

"Rhaegor," She started, reaching up to grasp his forearm. "I am done. This is my last babe. I have lost too many. I know I have disappointed Viserys as a wife, but I simply can not do it."

Rhaegor took in her wan appearance and felt a fresh wave of anger towards his brother appear at the blatant lack of compassion for his wife.

"Aemma-" He started, but before he could say another word, Ser Harrold burst into the room.

"My prince, your brother -" "I told you, Viserys can wait -" "It is not the King, your grace but Prince Daemon."

Rhaegor turned fully to face the man in shock.

"Fuck."