T W E N T Y O N E

K Y L E

~Flashback~

"Mommy look, I got you flowers!" I shout happily, giving my mother flowers."Thank you baby." She smiles. I frown when I see a huge purple mark on her neck and eye.

"Mommy did daddy hit you again?" I ask."No it's just an allergic reaction baby, I'll be fine." She smiles."O-Okay. I love you." I hug her."I love you too my sweet boy." She grins, tickling me and kisses my forehead and I giggle.

"Amelia!" My father's voice echos through the house."Where the fuck are you?" He says angrily. I could see that my mommy was scared as she began to tremble."Go to your room Devon." She whispers."No mommy, I'll protect you." I say, clenching my small fists." No baby go and hide in your room okay?" She says and I nod, running out of the room.

All I could hear were my father's hurtful words and my mommy's pleas as my father beat her. I could not take it anymore and I left my room, heading to the living room. My father pinned my mom to the wall and he was chocking her."No! stop hitting my mommy." I cry as I ran up to him and I began punching and kicking his legs.

He let's go of my mommy and he kicks me in the stomach."Always so useless like your mother, how will you be the Don if you're tied to your mother's hip!" He shouts as he kept on kicking me."Vincent please." She begs and my father slaps her and she falls back."I'm done with you bitch." He then  kicks me for the last time. He then leaves the house and he drives off.

"Mommy?" I limp to my mother and I touch her cheek."It's okay my sweet boy." She smiles sadly."I'm sorry I couldn't protect you mommy. I should be your big boy." I croak."It's not your fault baby you're too young, it's not your job to protect me." She says.

How could my 4 year old body fight against my father's huge frame.

"I need you to grab the phone for me okay." I nod and I fetch my mother's phone and I hand it to her. She thanks me and she calls someone, telling them she needs help.

After about twenty minutes I hear a car pulling up on our driveway. I run towards the door to see who it was. A man who has dark hair that is tied into a man bun, he has a scar on his eyebrow and a piercing. He is wearing a dark grey three piece suit.

I run back to my mom, shielding her body. In the hopes of protecting her. The man walks into the living room and his face falls."Shit love." He runs towards my mom."No go away.' I shout, shielding my mom."It's okay, he's my friend." My mom assures me. He crouches and he softly pulls my mother's body to his.