𝐢𝐢. star & freckles

CHAPTER TWO ❝ star & freckles ❞

CHAPTER TWO
❝ star & freckles ❞

          ESTE was going to murder her sister. she knew that the next day pip was going to take them to their first interview. este didn't think much of it. she was thinking it was just one of andie's close friends or school friends. starting off easy.

"pippa be prepared to actually take your last words." este whispered harshly over to her little sister. pip pushed este in front of her as they walked up the path to the front door.

"that's the haunted house." a kid that was on the sidewalk said pointing to the house that the two sisters were walking to. este had the sudden urge to turn around and tell that that it isn't a haunted house and tell them the kind of people that the singh family are. but pip continued to push este forward.

"i know you and him used to date so it's only responsible for you to be the one to knock. plus, a cute reunion!" pip said walking up the steps but este stayed down the two steps.

"he wasn't my boyfriend. he was my friend." the way it came out of her mouth pip knew that it meant more than what este lead on. pip noticed the way that este's mood would completely change into a more happier mood whenever she was around ravi or sali, or come back from their house. she was jealous that este hung out more with them, even after, but she was glad that her sister found someone. even if they denied it.

"yeah, whatever. it'll be a cute reunion!" pip said pulling her sister by her sleeve. este made the mistake of wearing a hoodie and a pair of shorts. the hoodie was now suffocating her despite it being a large. the shorts were stuck to her thighs and she could hear her heartbeat going as fast as lighten mcqueen.

"oh yeah, definitely because after i say 'hi, long time no see. do you mind if my sister and i ask you some questions about the murder of andie bell and your brother who used to be my friend as well? i brought cookies!' he'll also think it's a cute reunion. seriously pip." este said pitching her voice higher than her normal raspy voice. pip rolled her eyes and shoved the container of cookies to este's chest.

"maybe not like that. but definitely point out the cookies." pip said tapping the container twice before giving este one last shove. este was about to shove pip but the younger girl knocked on the door three times. este accidentally let out a loud huff. pip stood behind her older sister holding her breath and anxiously rocking back and forth on her heels.

it was almost a minute since the knocks and este was about to tell pip that they should go when the sound of locks unlocking — multiple as far as este could hear — and then the door opening up just a bit. estes eyes landed on the almost shadow figure that was covering himself with the door. she would only see his hair spiking out and his eyes looking everyone before landing in her.