Part 7

Chapter 11

I walk into my room and see Owen trying to get up. I rush forward and push him back down on the bed. "Where do you think you're going?" I playfully chastise him.

Heavy-lidded eyes look up at me. "I was going to find you." He looks me over. "What did you do?"

I lean down and place a kiss on his soft lips. "Don't worry. He's not dead, but he will be in the infirmary for a while." Owen huffs, fighting to keep his eyes open.

"Get some rest," I whisper. I cover him with a clean blanket. I sit on the edge of the bed, watching his chest rise and fall.

My heart squeezes and flips painfully over in my chest, alerting me to his presence.

"I know you're there," I call out to Riven, who is lurking outside my busted door.

He reluctantly comes in. His hands shoved in his front pockets, looking particularly put out.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I carried his worthless ass to the infirmary and dumped him on a vacated bed and left." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Am I supposed to thank you?" I sarcastically reply as I look back over at him. He is trying to block his emotions from me, but I can still feel Jelousy and envy coming from him.

"I can see you are busy. Come find me after he heals."

And just like that, Riven Bloodmoon walks away. My heart is torn between staying with Owen and going after Riven. Owen mumbles my name in his sleep, sealing all our fates.

Owen sleeps for two days. I only leave his side for food and to talk to Jasper.

It seems Marcus is being tight-lipped about his injuries. I would be embarrassed too, if I was a big strong Alpha wolf and was almost killed by a female fox shifter.

I can count on some type of payback in the future, and I am looking forward to it. Next time, there will be no one to save him.

Uncle Jasper isn't pleased with me. With the SP breathing down the academy's throat and now a student almost dies. He was not pleased at all. He lectures me on not drawing attention to myself. I agree to be more careful in the future and leave him with a kiss on the cheek and a few more wrinkles.

Thankfully, next week is school break. So maybe things will calm down, and I can cross some names off my list.

Owen is all healed up and has returned to the omega dorms to get ready for leave. I know his mom and sister are dying to see him. I will be staying here with Jasper since he is my legal guardian. I will miss him, but I'm looking forward to some time to myself—lots of killing to do, after all.