2

The White Lotus

In the village of Yinling, a story is hidden. As long as there is light and the sun still shines, there's still a chance of hope , because when the night comes, a beauty will reign supreme.

It all started hundreds of years ago, when a beauty who was once loved and admired for his royal beauty and his intelligence in playing Dàn nhi, brought the village into great havoc.

They even gave him the name of white lotus because of his resemblance to a white lotus. He's the treasure of this village.

Every night he would ride in a boat, paddle on a lake full of lotuses, and play with his Dàn Nhi in a very addicting melody , which would be listened to by the people, lulling them to sleep. This has been a habit of his since he learned how to play music.  It was so relaxing and beautiful at the same time.

 After playing Dàn Nhi, there is this man under the cherry tree who will always wait for him  to get off the boat, lending him his hands and greeting him with a gentle smile.

They were truly in love.

His lover is the son of the maid, and he was the second son of philanthropist Qüan. Despite the indifference of his life status, he didn't let it suppress his feelings. It's just that they have to keep their relationship away from the public's ears. They kept it secret that they could only spend time together when people were dozing off . 

Despite their cautiousness, the villagers still found out the truth. They were very mad and dissatisfied with him, as they held the belief that having a relationship with someone of the same sex was an insult to their gods and goddesses and would bring bad luck to the village.

That's when they decided to take action before the news reached the ears of their gods and goddesses.

Due to the high status of the Qüan family, they didn't lay a finger on him; instead, they went right after his lover, hunting him.
They caught him and tied him in the middle of the scorching fire, killing him gradually.

The pain of watching his lover be burned to ashes by the villagers created a big rage inside him.He could not withstand it as it was too excruciating and unbearable for him.

He vowed to the villagers that he would make sure to come back and hunt them all for what obnoxiousness they did to his lover, and there he took his own life, staking the lotus pin his lover had given him before as his first gift , gurgling a mouthful of blood with the pin still embedded into his heart. Slowly, his foot lost its balance, causing him to fall into the lake's water.

After his tragic death, he actually came back with words. No longer the delicate white lotus they have known but a white lotus that's selfish of light.

Before midnight comes, people in the village will hear the same melody the white lotus used to play, and when the morning comes, an evident spot of blood will be seen in the lake of lotus, and the corpses are never found.

He came back to take revenge by taking their lives little by little and spreading their blood throughout the lake, making the water smell like metal.

From then on, the villagers avoided the lake of lotuses and chose not to go out of their houses when the night came, but no matter what avoidance they did , by the time the morning came, traces of blood would still be seen in the river. They have regretted what they've done , but their wailings are no longer heard.

That's how persistent he is with his revenge; that's what a broken heart does.

That's the wrath of the white lotus.