Home

The morning sun hit my eyes, its light yellow hue opening my eyes. I sit up in bed, my dog tags clinking together as I do so. I look around till my eyes set sight on a giant brown and white fluff ball laying by my feet. I rub the Australian Shepherds back, waking her up.

Y/n: "Hey Missy, sleep good?" I ask my furry companion.

Missy looks at me with her light blue eyes, her red tongue loling out the side of her mouth, and her fluffy tail wagging at mach three.

Y/n: "I'll take that as a yes." I smile as I run her head a bit, and get out of bed.

I stretch my back, which lets out a satisfying crack. I look at the mirror hanging on my closet door, and take a good look at myself. My h/c hair was short and a bit messy, but with a good comb through it I should be set. My eyes are a light e/c, some say that they find comfort in my eyes, but I can't see why. I have a chiseled and muscular physique, but not to the point where I look like the damn hulk. I'm wearing a black tank top with matching sweat pants.

I look back at Missy and find her on her back looking at me, and I walk over to her with a smile.

Y/n: "You just want all of the pets, don't you?" I say in a normal voice as I pet her belly, her leg kicking out when I rub her tickle spot.

I stand up and walk over to the door to my room, Missy close behind. I open the white door, and make my way down the wooden staircase of the cabin. pictures of family and friends in the military line the wall that holds the stairs in place. I stop at one at the bottom of the stairs. The frame holds two pictures, one being of my brothers in arms while I was in the Rangers, and the other of my brothers when I was in Grave Diggers. I smile at the memories of the two, but soon that smile fades as a different memory floods into my head. My chest tightens and my throat feels like it's suffocating. I quickly leave the photos, and walk over to the cabin kitchen. I pass the living room, which just has a simple leather couch, a wooden coffee table I made, and a TV.

I walk into the kitchen, and grab the dog food from out of my fridge. Missy instantly sits down and watches me intently as I put the food in her bowl. I fill up her water bowl, and place it beside her food bowl. I stand up and look back at her, she's still sitting staring at me.

Y/n: "Gehen!" I point at the food, and Missy lunges at it.

I watch her eat for a second before going into the kitchen and setting up my Keurig coffee maker. I watch as the hot and steamy brown liquid pours from a nozzle to a simple gray coffee mug. I turn to see Missy done with her food, and now lapping up water from her bowl. I hear the coffee maker stop, and I grab my mug by the handle with two of my fingers.

I look out the window and see the towering trees of Vermont. I see the well I had made back when I first bought the property, and near it was a large pile of firewood with one lone axe stuck in the ground.

Y/n: "This place came along nicely, if I do say so myself." I take a sip from my mug, and smile as my dog lays on her dog bed in the kitchen.

I look back out the kitchen window, and instantly put down my coffee. A black SUV was driving up my gravel driveway, which should've been hidden enough that no one would see it.

Y/n: "The fuck is this shit." I speed walk to the stained wood front door, and grab the Thumper V2 with a 2x zoom scope by the door.

I walk upstairs to the attic and open my sniping hole. I lay prone and aim through the hole. The SUV starts to park, but I shoot right in between where the driver and passenger would be. The windshield spider webs around the bullet hole, giving me a little sight even with the black-out windows. I see movement from the whole, but not enough to tell me how many are in the vehicle.