Prologue

The body of former Jedi Knight Kira Regana floats in a Kolto tank, hooked up to medical machinery and various apparatuses in a clean medbay. Her eyes open, the miracle of science restoring life to what was a mere husk moments ago. The medical workers and droids scramble as soon as she wakes, saying something she can't make out from within the tank. She struggles, submerged in the healing fluid. Moments later, she is released from the tank. Kira falls to all fours, gasping desperately for oxygen.

"Good, you're awake." Says one of the doctors. He grabs Kira and helps her get to her feet. She struggles for a minute to regain her breathe. The former Jedi looks down, noticing her robes and lightsabers are missing. She is in basic medical garments and there are bandages wrapped around her midsection, a body scar peaking out the top of the wrappings.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asks. Instead of responding, his patient walks over to the large window at the side of the room. She grasps her abdomen, feeling a sharp pain once she began to move. She resumes her walk to the window and examines the expansive sprawling cityscape before her.

 She resumes her walk to the window and examines the expansive sprawling cityscape before her

Of all the places she'd visited throughout the Galaxy, none looked quite like this.

"Sorry, you must have loads of questions." The doctor says.

Kira turns her head back to the doctor standing behind her. "...Where's my son?"

THE WAY OF TYRANTS

THE WAY OF TYRANTS